Friday, March 11, 2011

What to do... What to do...

I'm heading a few hours north to Minneapolis today to attend another Jodi Picoult book signing and hear her speak! This will be my third time seeing her and I am just as excited as a the first time. The first time I went up there I met my first blog friend, Lesli. Ever since we have become great friends. Today I will be meeting Lisa for the first time! I just love meeting blog friends! It's like meeting up with a long lost friend that you haven't seen in a long time.

So, next week is spring break and I am less than excited. Crazy, right? Well, I have absolutely nothing to do. This may sound like heaven to most all of you but I am going to go nuts if I don't get something planned asap.

All of the districts that I am subbing for are also on spring break, so it's not like I can work and I no longer have a part time job to pick up any extra hours.

Here is what I have planned so far to keep myself busy.

1. Work on semester long projects - I have four of them. This ALONE should keep me busy.

2. Organize the pantry (it is out of control)

3. Borrow my parents steam cleaner and clean our carpets

4. Fill the three empty walls in my apartment that are currently bare. (i.e. go shopping!)

5. Give the dogs a much needed bath

6. Deep clean my car

7. Organize all the tupperware tops and bottoms (they're out. of. control.)

8. Go through my crammed closet and donate clothes that I haven't worn in the past year

9. Just noticed another wall in my apartment that needs something - ha...

10. Try the new Thai restaurant downtown

This is all I've got. Clearly, I could get all this done in one day.

What are you favorite projects go to projects when you come across extra time on your hands?


5 comments:

Amber said...

Lisa just told me this morning that she gets to meet you! SO exciting!! Lisa is fabulous so have so much fun :)

And enjoy your spring break! Get some (probably much-needed) R&R in!! :)

saucyminx410 said...

Girl I wish I had a week to deep clean my house. I was just telling a co-worker this evening that I'm thinking of taking a long weekend once it warms up to do some of the very things you're talking about! I Think you'll find it to be cathartic!

Heather said...

I love deep cleaning things when I have the time. I also like vegging on the couch and working on projects I have laying around.

Have fun with your break!!

Shoshanah said...

We have a crazy backyard. So whenever I have the time I try to go out and "garden." Which for me basically means pulling weeds. But once I get tired of that I wind up laying out and reading in the backyard after!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It was SO GREAT to see you last night!! I had so much fun. I love meeting other bloggers because, like you said, it's like meeting up with a long lost friend! So fun!

When I find myself with extra time, my fave projects are closet organization ones!