Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twenty Questions!

Sunday's a good day for a meme, right? Jamie always had the best meme's on her blog! I love how simple and sweet this one is! Here are 20 questions, I hope you enjoy learning a little more about me and that you can participate too! :)

1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
The pets in ALL my family are considered family members... Seriously, this family takes it too far. My parents have two dogs and a cat. I have a dog and a cat. My sister has two dogs and a turtle (yes, the turtle is part of the fam). My aunt is obsessed with rescuing dogs and graciously opens up her home to them. My grandma has two dogs and two cats.
Ok. I'll stop. You get the point. :)



2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
To marry my best friend (whom I do not know yet, lol. That sounds kind of funny) and have a long and happy marriage with lots of kids! :)



3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
I think that would be so overwhelming, I wouldn't know what to do. I would definitely invest some and buy some property. I would build my dream house and my parents dream house. Donate lots to charities and local education. Pay off my student loans (duh) and probably get another degree when I'm done with the one I'm doing now! Ha! I would save a lot of it. No matter how much money I had, I would still work though. Unless I had a lot of kids to keep me busy. ;)

4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
A quick workout (yep, I said quick.) A little retail therapy. A nap. A little me time with a good book and a big cup of coffee!

5. What is your bedtime routine?
Wash my face, brush my teeth, take out my contacts, get in bed with my book, (lately) take a melatonin and settle in before I pass out in 30 minutes. It's like clockwork, which I am loving btw.

6. What activities did you do in high school? If you could go back, would you do the same stuff or something different?
I was involved in as much as I possibly could be. I was a football and basketball cheereader, captain of the soccer team, features editor of the newspaper, secretary of Pep Club, involved in student government and a Scarleteer, which was like a student ambassador. I was busy!

7. What kind of books do you read?
All kinds of books! It really depends on my mood. I like chick lit, YA, historical novels, mystery... whatever strikes me at the time. If it doesn't hold my interest I move on to something else pretty quick.

8. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
I will be 39 (holy moly) and I hope I am married with a couple kids and teaching somewhere in Des Moines.

9. What’s your fear?
Snakes. I hate them.

10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
Ehhh, I don't think so. Just to see outer space? Maybe if it was to GO to outer space I would say yes. I'm sure that's what they mean, but this is my way of avoiding answering this question. ;)

11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Snooze, snooze, snooze. Then I go to the bathroom and then take the dogs out so they can do their business.

12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
I don't have one right now (which I am fine with !) but if I did I hope I wouldn't want to change anything. (Ha. Yeah, right).

13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
If you asked me this question when I was six years old I would have said Samantha. But, now I am quite content with Amber. :)

14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
This is a no brainer! Six months of sun FOR SURE!

15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
No matter what it was I would get SO SICK of it after six months!!

16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
The friendship and understanding I have found in the blogging community. It really is therapeutic to be able to write and get honest, unbiased feedback!

17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
I prefer salty to sweet, but sweets are so close behind salty... Can't I have them both and mix them? Mmm, so good.

18. What items are in your purse right now?
I always have a huge purse! I have my wallet, sunglasses, school badge, pens, notepad, book, lotion, lipgloss, little makeup bag... This is a meme all by itself!

19. Name three things on your bucket list.
Travel Europe. Take a train ride trip across Canada. Skydive.

20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
I don't think I'm that bad with tv... when it's on I am almost always doing something else at the same time, like blogging, reading blogs or the newspaper. But, I do love me some Bachelor and Big Brother. For sitcoms I love Modern Family, The Middle, How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. (Ok, so that's kind of a lot).



5 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

These were fun to read! I always like learning more about other bloggers!

I wonder if anyone chooses 6 months of rain????? I can barely handle 6 days of rain, let alone 6 months! Eeks!

My answer for #2 would be the same as yours!

love jenny xoxo said...

Im a new follower and I feel like I already know you so well :)

I think we have a lot in common... definitely on the tv, but even the day-to-day stuff. Except I dont really mind snakes...

XOXO

Mandy said...

Very fun meme. My dog is considered a member of the family too. So much so, she forgets shes a dog.

Jamie said...

Loved learning more about you!

I loved the name Samantha when I was little to :)

Laura Darling said...

Oh my gosh that is so many pets! It's like a mini zoo!

And speaking of animals I hate snakes too. Yuck!