Thursday, March 3, 2011

Two month vacation

It's been two months...two months after working my last day I can finally substitute teach. It has taken two months to get everything in order. TWO MONTHS!

I thought I did the right thing by getting all of my certifications in order, my physical taken, and the application filled out before turning it in. I thought that would speed up the process. Nope, it did just the opposite. I kind of think I slowed it down a tad...

That's not how it works. In addition to having a background check by the BOE, I also had to have a background check done by each of the three districts. One district took three weeks to finish it! Another district required more certifications. The third district legitimately interviewed for substitutes. I aced the interview, but some of those questions were hard to answer.

If I could do it all again I would of turned in the application as soon as the Board of Education handed me my certificate. Online all three districts that I applied for appeared to want all of these things together. So, that is what I did. If I would have turned in my application FIRST they could have gotten my background check sent in and in the meantime I could have worked on the details. Oops. Oh well.

After three weeks I am officially on the payroll and ready to roll. I expected a call last night and got nothing. Around 9pm I texted my friend from class who urged me to do this. She said that calls WILL come in. There's that much of a need. She said not to worry, that I would probably get a call early this morning.

I woke up at six and waited... it's now 8:12 and I still have nothing. I am so bummed!! I hope it's just a fluke. Maybe since tomorrow is Friday I will have more luck.

I'm glad everything is sorted out and I can officially work, but I'm just ready to do it now!! Two months off work and only going to classes is getting boring!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!


7 comments:

Shannon said...

Ohhhh, fingers crossed!!!!!

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Congratulations on getting everything squared away. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed that you start getting calls tomorrow or soon!

Lesli said...

Fingers crossed! What if they call you for next Friday? Are you able to say you have a prior commitment or choose which days you can work?

Emmy said...

Congrats! And you can sub for me anytime! DMPS? Hook me up with your sub number!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hope you get calls asap!! I am glad that you are finally able to sub - how exciting!!

Sam said...

I hope you get calls! Can you not call in to hear what jobs are available? That's the good thing with the district my mom subs for; she can call and listen to all of the jobs and pick jobs she wants before it starts calling them out after 4PM each day. I can't wait to hear your subbing stories! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Congrats!! Hope you start getting called!