Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I am feeling a little better today. I slept for a little over 10 hours and it was glorious. Last night I took a melatonin vitamin, and it helped me get to sleep a little earlier. I'm going to take them for a week or two and see if that will help me get on a more structured sleep plan. I don't want to take them for too long, because I hate taking pills.

Today will have to be quick, so I am participating in Ten on Tuesday!

1. How did your parents decide on your name?

I think they just liked the name Amber. I wasn't named after anyone or anything like that.

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?

Nope, it's ALJ. When I was little I used to think it would be funny if it was Alf. I loved that show...

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)

I plan on taking my husbands last name. I don't think I could ever not... I would never take my maiden name as my middle name... that would be weird. If you know my last name you would know why. I'm talking to a guy right now that has the same last name as me (don't worry it's a VERY common name and there is NO relation), it's just spelled one letter different and it just cracks me up! I mean, WHAT IF?! Ha!

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)

I might... I used to say I wanted twin girls and name them Summer and Autumn. Cheesy, right?! I was also in high school and was really weird. I honestly haven't really thought about it, besides just thinking of names I like. I love the name Daisy, Elise and Bella. (clearly, I'm only having girls).

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?

Yep, I've always liked the names Daisy, Summer and Autumn since I was a little girl. I also loved the name Samantha and used to wish that was my name... anyone guess why? I loved the character in some very special and beloved books that I'm sure many of us read as little girls...

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?

Nope.

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?

I would look at the name itself first and then the meaning. If the meaning is something I hate, I would change it. But, I doubt that it's possible I would hate it!

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?

Yep... two of my pets have human names, Lexie and Libby. My parents ALWAYS give human names. They have a Nick and a Parker and they used to have a Jake.

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?

I totally think that people can ruin a name for you! I'm not a fan of many names and I would list them on here but I'm worried about who could possibly read this... just trust me that they're very common names. Ha!

10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?

See above! :) (Note: no boy names, mwhahahaha) (I am so jinxing myself right now)

Happy Mardi Gras Day! :)



9 comments:

Heather said...

I am the same way...I have NO boys names, but girls are covered. I actually love the name Matthew, but if(when) I have kids with Matt the name is sort of taken and Im not really a big fan of Sr./Jr. Not sure why.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad you got a good night's sleep - that does wonders for a person. Melatonin has been a Godsend for me. I like how it's non-habit forming! :)

I had a couple of names that got ruined from childhood but decided not to list them out, too! You just never know who might read your posts!

Jac said...

Samantha= Babbysitter's club? I LOVED those books...

Fash Boulevard said...

OMG. I love your blog. My name's Anna, I'm a stylist and visual merchandiser in LA. I'm 23 years old and moved to California after graduating back in south with a degree in visual merchandiser. I've worked with such designers as Max Azria, Nicole Richie, and my idol Rachel Zoe. I'd love if you visited my new blog for multiple posts a day on all things fashion. I'd love the support. I'm following you, I hope you'll do the same. Thanks so much.

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Fun questions! I may need to play along :)

Mandy said...

I've really enjoyed reading everyones answers to this weeks ToT.

I used to love the Samantha too (from the American Girl books?).

Shoshanah said...

Samantha has to be American Girl right? I always wanted her growing up, and was so sad when I heard they were retiring her. So I went out and bought my own, so I could have one! Ha, it was only a year or two ago, and she sits on my shelf, but I'm still so happy I have her.

saucyminx410 said...

Girl that's so funny we are both named Amber (duh) but we also both like the name Autumn for a girl! Its the little things right?! ( :

Lesli said...

I might do this! BTW Amber is one of my favorite names!

xoxo