I woke up with the worst sore throat this morning. This is the second time since I began subbing that I have gotten "sick". I know this sounds obvious, but I am attributing my self-diagnosed sickness to being around so many different kids. Who knows how many strands of whatever they're carrying I am being exposed to. Today I used so much hand sanitizer my hands are all rashy. I'm not completely blaming the kids though...I'm also blaming my hectic schedule this past weekend and my drinking Friday night. I was so good all week and ate so well, with very little alcohol. Then, Friday it all went down the drain. I'm getting back on track this week and kicking whatever bug I have. Vitamins will be my new candy!
Welp, it's already Tuesday. Which means Ten on Tuesday :) Here's another great set of questions from Chelsea.
1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked? Asparagus. I know, I'm not adventurous AT ALL. Growing up I hated asparagus. It was probably because my parents always made canned asparagus, which was, and still is disgusting. Now asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. The fact that it is a natural diuretic is an added bonus!
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones? The only food magazine I get is Cooking Light
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook? Spray butter. It's pretty ridiculous how much stuff I put that on.
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult? See number 1!
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird? Hmmm... I am so not weird with my food habits. I eat pretty much the same things every week. (I am so boring!)
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with? Honestly, I don't have anything "weird" that I have cooked with... at least, I don't think I do anyway.
7. Do you have any major food allergies? Nope.
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try? Fish... I love fish but I hardly ever cook with it.
9. Do you bake? Not regularly... I would eat too much of my creations!
10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why? I don't really watch them... So, I have no idea. I would go on a show that allowed me to travel and try foods in lots of different places!