Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

I woke up with the worst sore throat this morning. This is the second time since I began subbing that I have gotten "sick". I know this sounds obvious, but I am attributing my self-diagnosed sickness to being around so many different kids. Who knows how many strands of whatever they're carrying I am being exposed to. Today I used so much hand sanitizer my hands are all rashy. I'm not completely blaming the kids though...I'm also blaming my hectic schedule this past weekend and my drinking Friday night. I was so good all week and ate so well, with very little alcohol. Then, Friday it all went down the drain. I'm getting back on track this week and kicking whatever bug I have. Vitamins will be my new candy!

Welp, it's already Tuesday. Which means Ten on Tuesday :) Here's another great set of questions from Chelsea.

1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked? Asparagus. I know, I'm not adventurous AT ALL. Growing up I hated asparagus. It was probably because my parents always made canned asparagus, which was, and still is disgusting. Now asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. The fact that it is a natural diuretic is an added bonus!

2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones? The only food magazine I get is Cooking Light

3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook? Spray butter. It's pretty ridiculous how much stuff I put that on.

4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult? See number 1!

5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird? Hmmm... I am so not weird with my food habits. I eat pretty much the same things every week. (I am so boring!)

6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with? Honestly, I don't have anything "weird" that I have cooked with... at least, I don't think I do anyway.

7. Do you have any major food allergies? Nope.

8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try? Fish... I love fish but I hardly ever cook with it.

9. Do you bake? Not regularly... I would eat too much of my creations!

10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why? I don't really watch them... So, I have no idea. I would go on a show that allowed me to travel and try foods in lots of different places!


7 comments:

Kara said...

Pickled asparagus is DELICIOUS! Sure, it's in a can, but it's pickled! Yum!
And I woke up sick this morning too. Ugh.

E said...

Love asparagus!

Squeeze some lemon in hot water and drink it right before bed...I've heard it kills whatever's brewing in your throat (gross)...but I'm a teacher, and I swear by it.

Anonymous said...

ah so glad you like asparagus now! such a good superfood :) p.s. so glad you are updating every day. Love hearing about your life! Even if it does make me miss Iowa!

Anonymous said...

ah so glad you like asparagus now! such a good superfood :) p.s. so glad you are updating every day. Love hearing about your life! Even if it does make me miss Iowa!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ick - canned asparagus is SO awful! I had it for the first time last fall and wanted to gag. Yuck! So soft and mushy! I love fresh asparagus - I am so glad it's coming into season now!

I hope you can kick this cold. And that your body builds up a resistance to all this crap you are exposed to when teaching!

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Fish is super easy and FAST! I love cooking fish because of how little time it takes. The secret to grilling fish is tin foil & on the stove or in the oven, it's a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with a touch of EVOO and cajun seasoning and YUM! A lemon marinade is yummy too.

Just go for it! The worst that can happen is you overcook it a little.

Shoshanah said...

When I was a camp counselor I would get sick at the start of summer every single year. But I'm sure once your immune systems gets better used to being around kid all the time you'll get sick less often. At least that's the goal right?