I still cannot believe it is summer, and not only is it officially summer, but it is the third week of my summer vacation! It is just going much too fast for my liking. :-/
Here's what I've been up to ... a whole lot of NOT blogging and reading, sadly.
The first week of summer I took two professional development classes because I still had money through our district to use and we get graduate credit for taking them, which moves you up on the payscale (can you say, hell yea??) so I felt obligated to get that done (so glad I did).
The second week of summer I started working at my friends in-home daycare (like last summer) and tutoring one fourth grade boy. I'm only at the day care 15-20 hours per week, which isn't bad, but I am slightly kicking myself for not just letting myself enjoy the summer.
The second week of summer I also began running with See-Us Run Des Moines regularly and it is really kicking my butt. I do really well with a "coach" or a "trainer" making me do something, and since I am technically a "mentor" runner, I have to keep my mouth and not complain too much about how it's hot or I am tired. (I am working on that, I complain a lot and it's hot. Even at 7am)
So, as you can see, I'm keeping my schedule jam-packed as I am so good at doing that.
What about the wedding? Yes, wedding. In
- Practice make-up application (I'm doing my own)
- Meet w/ pastor and finalize ceremony plans
- Write vows
- Rent popcorn machine (??? Maybe)
- Create games for kids' table
- Create puzzle/mad lib for something to do at tables during reception while waiting
- Order cake
- Buy alcohol (we're doing all food and drinks ourselves!)
- Buy all flatware/plates/napkins/cups/etc.
- Finish guestbook (omg, I love it)
- Decorations for reception
- Create programs and order them (big maybe, trying to decide if we need programs)
- Trash cans & bags
- Buy/borrow veil
- 2nd and 3rd dress fitting (get to take home my dress in TWO WEEKS!)
- Break in shoes
- Figure out how to do nails (I don't want french)
- Assemble wedding party gifts
- Flower girl/ring bearer gifts (4)
Ok, moving on.
I have still been really active! Saturday I probably did the most physical activity in one day that I have ever done. I ran 8 miles with my running group and then a few hours later we went on a 50 mile bike ride to High Trestle Bridge. Have I mentioned how much I love my bike?? I really love biking!!
Here's a few photos ... I burned almost 4,000 calories on Saturday alone!
Other random stuff going on ...
- I love Orange is the New Black! Bill and I are on the second season and I just got the book from the library. I cannot wait to read it!
- There is too much going on for me to really settle down and read though. :( Trying to overcome that.
- After the wedding and Ragbrai, I have almost 3 whole weeks to do nothing. Literally, I have nothing on my schedule. No daycare work. No more planning. No schoolwork. Just running, reading and organizing my house. As much as I am looking forward to my wedding, I am really looking forward to that time as well.