Saturday, August 13, 2011

What do you carry?

Don't you just love seeing what other women carry around in their purse? I do! This past summer I downsized majorly with the size of purse I carry and now try to only carry the essentials. I have had it since May and am doing fine!

Here is what I carry on a daily basis. After cleaning my purse out I have dumped a lot of non-essentials.


1. Planner. It's listed as #1 because it's my #1 essential! Don't know what I would do without this guy.

2. iPhone car charger. I found this little puppy at Quik Trip (a local gas station) for $20 and it has been a lifesaver ever since.

3. Pain reliever. Enough said.

4. Lipgloss. I do not need three of them, but they're all there. I'm such a girl.

5. Three pencils and four pens. Unnecessary? Yep.

6. Wallet. This is a purse in itself. It's a total knock off of the Hobo brand Lauren wallets, which I adore, but refuse to pay $100 for. Maybe someday I will splurge, but this one is from Target about FIVE years ago and I absolutely adore it. When I don't feel like carrying my purse I can grab this sucker and go. Everything is in it and ready to go.

7. iPod earbuds. Also a lifesaver.

8. Loose change and a random clip thingy (what are those called?).

9. A letter I got in the mail from a client. It made my day when I got it and can't bear to take it out of my purse (the star is to protect her and myself from stalkers - yep).

10. Random baggie. I'm sure it had some sort of yumminess in it. I have no idea what though.

11. Compact. Also necessary.

The two other items missing are: 1. iPhone and 2. Book. I always have both with me but somehow they didn't make it in this picture. They're only in my purse if I'm going somewhere.

So, that is what I carry!

What do you carry around on a daily basis? Do you carry an oversized handbag or a medium sized handbag?


7 comments:

Amber said...

I always have 1 or 2 pens, a notebook, my wallet, my phone, my planner and business cards in my purse. And then there are always at least a few other misc and random things floating around in there! Lol

Becky said...

I love these kinds of posts! I downsized purses awhile ago (I only carry a big one when I need to bring my camera with me), because lugging around all the extra stuff sounds great in a "just in case" situation, but not or an every day "this is breaking my shoulder" situation. :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I always have my iphone, my nook, and burts bees wax chapstick, an envirosack, and my wallet in my purse. Besides that, it varies! I carry less than I used to, but stilll a lot of stuff!

Nikki said...

Those clips are called alligator or binder clips :)

Lesli said...

Oh, my comment just disappeared! I think I hit the wrong button. Try again!

Lesli said...

Okay, this is what I said! The size of my handbags vary. Last month I was carrying a small Kate Spade straw bag, but this month I am carrying a suitcase-sized Coach tote! Inside my bag you will find a billfold and credit card holder (kate spade of course!), my checkbook, perfume, makeup bag, iPhone, Nook, sunglasses, car keys, a handful of gift cards, and some random receipts and loose change.

Lesli said...

Oh, and a pen! :-)