Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wine and Love (2)

The wonderful Nora hosts a weekly meme every Thursday called Wine & Love in which we vent out all the things that make us reach for the wine and we list all of the things we are loving this week. It is super cute and YOU should play too!

What is making me reach for the wine:
  • Expensive textbooks.
  • Headaches that refuse to go away.
  • Humidity. I am so ready for fall.
  • Crazy drivers around the Drake area - some of these kids need to re-take drivers ed!
  • The fact that my university got rid of unlimited free printing and instead gave us $20 (500 copies) for one semester. Boo to that.
  • Not having enough time to read. Nerd alert!

What I am loving:
  • Looking forward to seeing these two lovely ladies.
  • My childrens lit class, in which I get to read lots of YA this semester.
  • Seeing all my "class friends" that I have missed over the summer.
  • Second dates that go well.
  • Books that I want to read already waiting at the library without needing to put a hold on them.
  • Our animal kingdom (we have four pets) although it is a lot of work, they are pros at brightening my day.
  • Fresh color on my hair and a fresh haircut. Ahhhh, feels so good to have some else do my hair!
  • The fact that I have more loves than wines this week! :)
What are you loving this week? What is making you reach for the wine?

7 comments:

Nora said...

Please share what YA books you read as the semester goes? I'm addicted to YA at times. And a second date that went well? YAY!

Oh, and headaches that won't go away, I'm SO with you on that. I feel like that has been me for the last week. Damn horomones or something? Either way, not ok.

Thanks for joining in this week! Really hope I get to meet you in January!!!

Jenny Georgio-who said...

By YA are we talking Young Adult like "Gossip Girl" and "Pretty Little Liars"? If so let me know so I can also jump on that bandwagon. I'm 30 but feel 14. Is that wrong?!!

I've been meaning to ask you about the whole date thing? What happened with the Fair Guy?

Amber said...

I'm so excited for our weekend. It's by far my biggest LOVE this week. And I have no wines. That's how excited I am :-)

Becky said...

If you haven't read the YA Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies you need to - STAT. (And don't tell me you've seen the movies - they totally screwed them up!)

SO excited for your weekend! Have a fabulous time! Give them both hugs for me!

Shoshanah said...

My senior year of college the put a limit on our printing too. I'm pretty sure it was at 500 too, although I didn't come close to that. There were people who did, but you could by more, or you could transfer paper from people who had extra. Either way a pain, but I guess I understand the reasons for it.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Thank God we did not have a print limit at Carlson. Ay yi yi, I printed so many slides in the compuer room!!

Can't wait to see you TOMORROW!!!!

Joy Williams said...

I got my hair cut and color this week too! That was definitely a love, should have included that as well. Oh well! Good luck in your new semester at school!