Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Gooooood morning!

Today's Ten on Tuesday are a wonderful set of computer questions brought to us by the lovely Kara over at Chatter! As always Ten on Tuesday is hosted by Chelsea! Thanks ladies!

1. Mac or Windows? (Or Linux for you super geeks!)
Mac girl since 2006. :)

2. What drew you to that operating system?
I knew they were good computers (although really trendy at that time - at least around here they were). I had also been into the Apple store recently playing around with a laptop and the guy totally sold me on a Mac. He was so nice and just going on and on and on about the benefits of a Mac. I am a sucker.

3. Mice – Wireless or Wired? Mouse pad or none?
I'm fine with the mousepad. I'm actually terrible with a mouse now.

4. Other than the Internet – What do you use your computer most for?
Mostly Word. All those dang papers we gotta write for grad school.

5. What’s one computer-related thing you wish you were best at? (CSS, Photoshop, Excel, etc.)
I wish I was better at Excel. I just don't use it enough to be very efficient with it. I would also love to learn more about Photoshop!

6. Describe the first time you ever used a computer.
It was probably in school playing on those really old Apple computers. It was also probably that Oregon Trail game.... ;)

7. How often do you upgrade to a new operating system?
I just recently upgraded my operating system to Leopard, but now there's a new one again? Lion? Supposedly I can get it through my university so I should look into that.

8. Are you a short-cutter (CTRL+C) or a right-clicker?
Total short cutter. I love learning new short cuts!

9. Is computer-use a constant thing in your life (such as using it both at work and home) or do you get a break (because you don’t use them at work)?
I am constantly using computers. Since my phone is a mini computer I practically have one glued to my fingers at all time. I don't mind. ;)
At home I almost always have my laptop on my lap and at work we chart all of the clients activities/progress/goals on the computer.

10. Where do you think the world would be if personal computers did not exist?
Stuck in time?

Are you a computer lover or hater? (This might is probably a stupid question).

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I wish I was better with Excel too! I was an English major in college so i NEVER used it, but now that I work for an insurance company, I feel like I am so behind! I hate spreadsheets!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

If you ever need help in excel, let me know. :) It's sort of my happy place, honestly. I heart spreadsheets.

I have a PC mostly because my brother is my techie and he is a PC and is very anti-Apple, so I would be on my own if I bought an Apple!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've had a Mac since 2007 and I love it! If I have to get another one, one day.. it'll be a mac!