Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Classes started yesterday and my first class was AWESOME! It's a children's lit class and ... let's just say I will be reading A LOT of YA this semester. Which makes me completely giddy! ;) Look for a post tomorrow summarizing the classes I am taking and what I am looking forward to this semester in education!

Well, it's Ten on Tuesday time and this week it's all about music! I've always loved music, especially singing. I just can't sing in front of people. I get way too nervous, but I can totally rock any song alone in the car or when I'm in the shower. ;)

As always, thank you Chelsea for hosting. :)

1. Do you listen to the radio in your car? If so, what type of station do you like?
Yep! I love the radio and always have. Ever since the days of taping your favorite songs onto cassette tapes! My favorite stations are all over the board, but in my car I almost always have it on the oldies station... I'm a sucker for oldies and think it's such great feel good music. :)

2. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
Hands down, definitely Lady Gaga! Everything about the concert was amazing. Before, during, after... I cannot wait to go see her perform again!

3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended?
Billy Ray Cyrus. Enough said. To make matters worse, it was my first concert EVER. Yep, laugh it up! ;)

4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be?
I love Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood's voices... but, if I had to choose I would go with Kelly.

5. You’re auditioning for American Idol. What song do you sing?
Ooooh, that's a toughie... I would probably go with Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I have always loved that song.

6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs?
She Works Hard For The Money... I worked A LOT last week!

7. Most annoying television show theme song ever:
Probably the Lamb chops theme song... Doesn't stop me from singing along when someone starts it though...

8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible?
I don't have a significant other right now, but I would like to share some interest in music so we can go to concerts together! I've gone on a couple dates with this guy (you know, bathroom guy) and we have a lot of the same tastes in music. Big plus!

9. A song that brings me back to middle school:
Whoomp! There it is! (hehehe)

10. A song that brings me back to high school:
Baby, One More Time by Britney Spears and Summer Girls by LFO

11. A guilty pleasure song (or three):
Anything else by Britney Spears! I'm also a sucker for the Eagles, I love Hotel California and cannot change the channel when that is on. Also Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin. (I told you I was all over the board...)

What's your favorite kind of music?

3 comments:

Lesli said...

Uh-oh, I don't know if he would like to be referred to as Bathroom Guy--ha!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

this was a fun set of questions. I might have to do this, maybe next Tuesday or something!

Having music tastes in common woudl be awesome. That was so not the case wiht my last boyfriend. WE liked some similar things, but not really...

Anonymous said...

OMG! The bestie and I totally kareoked LFO Summer Girls this weekend! I will be sure to include you the next time this goes down :)