Great set of questions!!! As always, thank you Chelsea for hosting Ten on Tuesday!
1. What do you do for a living?
Well, I wear three hats. 1. I am a full time grad-student 2. I am a substitute teacher for grades 6-12 three days a week and 3. I am a residential counselor for adults with disabilities
To say it keeps me busy is an understatement. ;)
2. What’s your favorite thing about your job?
My favorite thing about teaching is the kids. Without a doubt. Watching them learn something that they were doubtful about at the beginning is so rewarding. I feel so fortunate to have already built a relationship with many teachers and principals in my area so that even though I am a sub, I am still left with lesson plans and many teaching opportunities.
3. What’s your least favorite thing about your job?
How freaking early it starts. Some schools require me to be there at 7:15 am. I am so not a morning person. I'm getting better, but I'm not 100% there yet!
4. If you weren’t a ____________, what would you be?
Definitely a writer. Of some kind. All through high school I wrote for the school newspaper and was an editor my junior and senior year. When I got to college I headed down the same path and majored in Journalism and wrote for the paper at Iowa State. After that year I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to so I changed my major after my freshman year. Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with Journalism and kept writing.
5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would every pay you for?
Reading. I would love to get paid for reading and writing book reviews! Too bad I stink at writing reviews and have a hard time telling an author that I didn't enjoy their work!
6. If you could have any job for exactly one day, what would it be?
Hmm... this is tough. I think I'm going to have to go with a Disney princess at Disney World. Am I cheesy or what?! Seriously though, I want to get dressed up as Cinderella and pose for pictures with little girls that love me!
7. If you had to do manual labor, what would you do?
Eeek, I dunno! Manual labor... Umm... For some reason the only thing that keeps popping up is the guys at the Pike Place Fish Market that toss the fish around and entertain the tourists! They look they're having a blast and getting a great workout!
8. What is something you were forced to learn in high school that was supposed to be super important, but you never actually use?
Yikes! This is tough too. Probably how to write a haiku. I have not written a haiku since high school. (Kind of weird coming from someone who said they would have been a writer! Ha!)
9. Who was your favorite boss? Why?
My favorite boss was my district manager in South Carolina. She was super southern, called everyone baby and sugar and was like my mom while I was away from my real mom! Oh, and it helped that she was a very fair boss!
10. Where would you rather work: Dunder Mifflin Paper Company (The Office), Wernham Hogg Paper Company (The Office, UK), or Initech (Office Space)?
Definitely Dunder Mifflin! I don't really watch The Office, but from what I have seen of it, I would be laughing everyday if I worked there!
In the comments, tell me what you do for a living! I know what some of you do, but there are a handful of readers that I have been corresponding with for years now and I'm shaky on exactly what they do!
Tomorrow I will recap my crazy weekend/week - in the past week we boated, tubed, drank and ate. I have been going, going, going for the past week and I'm beat!