Friday, August 26, 2011

Blog friends turned --> IRL friends!

By the time you are reading this I will already be on the road headed 3 1/2 hours north to Minneapolis, MN to see two of my favorite bloggers, Lisa and Amber! My goal was to have left by 7:30 AM, so by this time was published I should be halfway... hopefully that really happened! :)

Anyway, I met Lisa earlier this year while I was in Minneapolis for the Jodi Picoult book signing, but I have never met Amber. I haven't even video chatted with her, and I have only heard her voice twice. Once on the radio and the other time last week (or the week before?) when she was tv. Besides all of that though, I still feel like they are both good friends. How can one not when you correspond with them on an almost daily basis via blog, text or Twitter?

I'm also super excited because I get to meet up with my first ever blog friend, Lesli for brunch on Sunday and possibly at the Minnesota state fair on Saturday! My only regret is that I do not have more time! I'm staying through Monday morning, but I have class at 12:30 on Monday so I will have to leave pretty early. Doesn't leave much time to do a lot, but I know that we will fill every possible minute with quality time.

Both Lisa and Amber talk to waaaay more bloggers than I do, but many of them of the same bloggers so I am hoping we get a chance to Skype with some of them so I get a chance to "meet" them! :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I'll see you all back here on Monday night (or Tuesday morning...) with an epic recap!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Have so, so, so much fun! It will be such a great weekend for you.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am so glad you came. :) You definitely need to get a webcam if your computer doesn't have one. I love doing v-chats with bloggers!!

Wearing Mascara said...

SO jealous! What a fun weekend!!! I love meeting other bloggers!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

How exciting!

Amber said...

This weekend went by WAY too fast :(