Thursday, September 29, 2011

Wine & Love v6


It's Thursday, which means it's Wine & Love Thursday, similar to What I'm Loving Wednesday, but not quite.

Wine & Love is hosted by Nora each week and is more along the lines of what is making you reach for the wine (out of irritation) and what is making you reach for the wine (out of happiness!) where as WILW is more along the lines of what I'm loving that I want to buy....

So, now that we have cleared that up... on with the second meme of the week. (I swear my blog is not turning into daily memes. I promise).

Here is what is making me reach for the wine out of happiness...

♥ The fact that my new(ish) black ballet flats are completely broken in and go with every outfit I own. No more blisters!

♥ The fact that another friend of mine has started a blog! Am I creating monsters here? (Or, more accurately, new addicts?) Nevertheless, go check out her blog, you'll love her witty writing style and snarky comments! She's blogging over at Observations of Miss Oakley!

♥ The fact that a school in a small town in Iowa is using exercise balls as chairs! How cool is that??

♥ That I had a wonderful sushi date with my sister last night and it was blissful - and scrumptious!

♥ Most of the reading I have due for the month of October is for children's lit, which means... I will be reading a LOT of YA in the next few weeks. HAPPY!

Jessica is sending me an ARC of a book that I have been pining for lately -- and I cannot wait to read it!

Here is what is making me reach for the wine out of irritation...

♥ My sister and her boyfriend are fighting like whoa lately and it's making me want to pull out the mama bear act and defend my little sister. It's not my battle though. (That is what I tell myself).

♥ No subbing jobs! Seriously. Stressing. Me. Out. C'mon teachers! Get sick! (Ok, that was mean and just not right. Let's re-phrase that. Use a sick day! Take a fricken day off. You know you want to...).

♥ I didn't get a chance to do the Shred yesterday... I had my chance in the morning and spent too much time bumming around and said that I would do it at night when I got home. That so did not happen. I'll get back on the saddle today!

♥ Friday night I am working - which is fine, I love working with the clients at the agency, but this one particular client is an energy zapper. She just sucks it right out of you... Thank goodness it's not an overnight and I am off at 10pm...

That's pretty much all the wines and loves for me! It's been a good week, I hope it's been the same for you!

Are you having more of a Love week or more of a Wine week?

7 comments:

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

My week is so busy I haven't had time to think much about it. I guess I am about even.

I feel you on the Shred thing. If I don't just get up and do it, I will make excuses not to exercise...and then it's dinner time and after that, I CAN'T possibly move and...yeah. It's especially hard in winter, as it gets dark so early and I just want to nap.

My wine: My motivation level is down. I don't feel like working. I just want to bang on my drum all day. Okay really I just want to lay around. I also hate the Unknown of work right now. We may get sent home, we may have more work on it's way...we won't know until the last minute. It makes it hard to plan ANYTHING. I hate it.

My love: Next weekend I am going to NYC! Yay! Fall colors and running in Central Park. I can't wait! Oh and I get to see my boyfriend. That too. :)

Amber said...

My wine: how tired I've been this week!

My love: My wedding dress came in today! That has totally made my day AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I'm coming over to "shred" sometime next week!

Stephany said...

I've been interested in doing subbing. (I was on my way to apply to be certified before I got the job I have now.) But I can't imagine how hard it must be to not know if you're subbing or not!

Wine: For the past two days, I have done nothing but data entry. My eyeballs are about to pop out. Not fun!

Love: Getting back to tracking my food and feeling more in control in that area of my life.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad the black flats have been broken in. :) Once they are broken in, I love flats, but the breaking in process can be quite painful. :(

Wine: I wish I could meet my niece sooner.

Love: it's almost the weekend!

Gina said...

I hat missing a day of working out! I wanted to go running last night, but took a four hour nap on accident instead. :P

Where did you get your black flats? I need new ones: mine are worn down and giving me blisters on my heels!

Becky said...

Okay I'm super late to this post but I totally get the "mama bear" for the younger sister thing. My sister is almost 21 and I still have to fight the instinct to get in someone's face when I see she's upset about something!