Thursday, September 22, 2011

Wine & Love v5

Whoa, Thursday! It feels like I was just saying I can't believe it's already Tuesday morning. Time: Can you slow down a bit?

I have another somewhat busy weekend planned, and I didn't mean for that happen. It's nothing fun though... just working. That's okay though because I love spending time with the clients, they make me happy. :)

It's time for another week of whines and loves! Thank you Nora for hosting! Be sure to check out her blog and link up this week.

It was kind of hard for me to come up with loves this week. I am having one of those "blah" weeks and just don't feel like myself!

What I am loving this week...
♥ Wednesday nights I work with a particular client and she goes to a bible study with several other clients. They slowly work their way through the bible and do crafts and eat snacks. This is the third week I have gone with her, and each week I have left feeling so rejuvenated. Sort of like I feel on Sundays after leaving church! It's definitely a good feeling.

♥ My children's lit class. Now I have an excuse to read YA and not have to feel embarrassed. (Side note: I know lots of adults read YA, but when you're walking around with Ann and the French Kiss, you're bound to be embarrassed by that title!). Plus, in this class, we talk about books. It makes me a happy girl.

♥ The changing seasons, it's such a magical time of year when the weather changes, the leaves start falling, and the weather gets chillier and chillier each day.

♥ Sunday is Books n Bars night! I'm really excited and I hope everyone can make it! If you're local and interested in joining, please find me via Facebook, Twitter or send me an email! We would LOVE to have you!

♥ My new blog design - I just love it! I will probably write more about it tomorrow.

♥ In real life friends that find my blog and like it! It definitely feels good and so so wonderful that I can finally share this part of my life with them.

What is making me reach for the wine...
♥ Money woes - I'm fine and know that I have nothing to really worry about, as long as I keep working, but for some reason that doesn't stop me from worrying! I hate worrying about money. It's the worst.

♥ The changing season. Although it is one of my loves this week, it is also one of my "wines." I have not had seasonal allergies my entire life, until the past couple years. At least, I think it's part seasonal allergies. My eyes burn, my throat hurts, I'm sneezing like crazy and I just feel an overall feeling of ickiness. ICK!

♥ Expensive textbooks. I have one class that was only a weekend class, and the book cost $95. Well, I bought it from Amazon and I have until the 24th to return it (uhh, two days?!). That means I have to get the project for that class done and emailed to the prof today or early tomorrow so I can send the book back and get a refund on a book I know I will probably never use again... The project isn't due for another month, but I'm thinking getting it done is a win/win in this situation.

♥ Diets. When I'm feeling under the weather I want to eat horribly. For some reason that is my free ticket. Luckily, I have resisted and have not caved, but that doesn't mean I don't want to!

♥ I had planned to work today, but I didn't get a call. Which is just... weird. Now that I am awake I might as well stay awake... I'm thinking I will head to the library later this morning and finish that project, so I can return that ridiculously priced book!

What are you loving this week and what is making you reach for the wine?

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Love the new layout! It's so fresh and clean.

I have been suffering this year more than ever with the allergies. I had a sneezing fit that last a good portion of 2 hours last week, awful. Hopefully, the pollen is gone quickly.

Suz said...

Love the new layout!!

Awesome job on sticking to the diet despite being sick! I would have probably caved and cheated. I hurt my knee this week and have only ran once! Bad news for my calorie counts this week :(

Amber said...

LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG DESIGN! Who did it for you!? It looks great!

I had a hard time coming up with "loves" this week too. I actually stared at a blank screen for like 10 mins before coming up with any! Lol

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Your blog looks great! It sure is nice to have a facelift! I have been working on my own with not as much success!

I wish I was in your area, so I could go to Books and Bars! I actually worked there for about 9 months and wish I would have known about you then!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you on the worrying. I hate it and yet I can't stop it! I may have to work Sunday night but if I don't I will try to join!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The new blog looks amazing!! Love it!!

For having a hard time coming up with loves, you sure had a lot of them! Which is awesome!!

Seems like everyone I know is sick these days (including msyelf). Boo. I think it is the change of seasons for me.

Mandy said...

Great new layout!

Allergies are the worst.

Reading YA literature is so much fun. Some of my favorite books are from this genre.