Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ch..ch...ch...changes!

As things are winding down at work I figured I would get a little sad, but... I am not. In fact, more and more things are happening that are frankly... pissing me off.

For instance, I told my boss about four weeks ago. I gave her a six week notice (very generous imo) and she asked me not to tell anyone. I told a few girls in my store, and it got around my store but other than that, nobody else in the district. I assumed she didn't want me to tell anyone because there are two other stores in my market and to get my store would be considered a promotion, so I am sure she figured those two would be interested.

Well, I figured I would get a warning when she was going to tell everyone. She usually announces on a conference call if someone is leaving, usually on their last call with everyone. Well, I have a little over two weeks left and I guess she decided to announce it yesterday on our call. I was completely blindsided. I couldn't believe it. Then she announced that I was leaving to go be a substitute teacher.

That's it.

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY!?

I hate women and how snotty and catty they can be. Maybe I shouldn't take it as a dig, but I am not going to JUST BE A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER. She did not have to say it like that. I will give her tiny bit more credit back, she did mention that that was what I was studying and I am going to go do what I really love to do, but still. A little heads up would've been nice.

Then she told everyone to reach out to me and say goodbye. I haven't heard from anyone, but I don't really expect to. It's Christmas, we're all busy. Plus, I'm friends with several of them on FB so I'm sure they will see what I am doing from my posts on there.

Then, to really put the icing on the cake.... the assistant manager from one of the other stores (the store with the manager that really wants my position) was in my store and mentioned how her manager should get this store so she can whip it into shape.

SAY WHAAAAAAAT?!

Ummm, no. My store IS in shape. We make our numbers. I rarely have staffing issues. We're the 2nd busiest store in the region out of 109 stores. She has no idea what she is talking about. So... at first I wanted to confront that other store manager, but you know what? Not getting the promotion will be enough slap in the face. I've been doing this too long to not know what that means. If I was in her position and didn't get that promotion I would be pissed.... so... there ya go.

PLUS... on top of it all, pretty much everyone in my store plans on staying once I leave and they don't want that store manager to come over. She never gets her schedules posted on time and is always lazing around in her office. (Don't ask me how they know all this stuff, they just do! Those little girls... they all talk talk talk!) Would you be pissed if your schedule for the following week wasn't posted the day before the week starts? Yeah? Me too.

So, overall I am not sad. I am beyond ecstatic. I know good things are coming in 2011 and I can't wait.

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh wow. Take this as another sign that you made the RIGHT decision, dear. That is just too bad and it
sucks because you have given your heart and soul to this store. That was a very rude comment for your manager to make. She didn't need to say you are goign to be a substitute teacher... that's just the way you will get yourself through school. Sheesh. What a witch. Women are SO catty.

It's tough when you leave jobs and have expectations for how it will go. When I left my last job w/ my company, my boss didn't even stop by to say good bye or wish me luck. It hurt but it showed his true character!

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Thinking of you as you make the transition! Let all the drama go -- you're too good for it. I wish you the merriest Christmas!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I think you're leaving just at the right time and for the right reasons. Let the petty people fight it out once you're gone.

d.a.r. said...

2011 is going to be SUCH a great year for you!!!