Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tough week...

This week is really beginning to take a toll on me. Mentally and physically.

I moved Monday and Tuesday, and things honestly couldn't have gone better. I was hoping for a little help from a good friend of mine but he didn't offer and I'm not one to ask for help (I'm too independent for my own good) so I was a little bummed about that but I got TONS done by myself. In fact, I got everything done on Monday that I could possibly do by myself. Then the movers came on Tuesday to do the furniture. My parents have helped me with all my moves, but my dad has had both his knees replaced so the last two times I have moved we have had to hire movers. I couldn't afford more than two hours, so I was determined to get as much done alone to drive down the cost of the movers and I did! It only took them 90 minutes to do it all and it cost only $126! Definitely worth it! :)

I've been taking pictures of my progress and as soon as I'm done I'm going to post my move for you all!!

Things are going great in the new place (besides the fact that I cannot pick up a strong enough (open) signal and I'm internet-less! Argh!) and Libby is doing good. I think she's missing her kitty boyfriend, Maverick but all in all I think she will be fine. I've been trying to pay tons of attention to her, which is actually hard NOT to do because she's on my heels at all times. I think I need to run out and get her some new cat toys this weekend.

Today was stressful because a good friend of mine has some major depression issues and it seems to come in waves. Last week was a good week. This week, not so much. I'm so worried about him and feel so helpless. I want to do more, feel like I need to do more, but know I'm doing everything I can. His issues are rather severe, and he has attempted the unthinkable (I can't even type it or say it) more than once. I'm so scared and just hope I'm doing everything I can. Have any of you dealt with someone close to you that has been diagnosed with some sort of depression? What advice do you have for me?

Hope you're all having a great week. I so appreciate your comments and kind words, they seriously brighten my day!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good work on the move! My dad has been dealing with bouts of depression since his heart surgery last summer. He went on some sort of medication and is feeling TONS better. Is your friend on medication? That might help...

Can't wait to see pics of the new place :-)