Monday, April 27, 2009

Blog posts and moving...

Today is moving day #1 and I am pretty much done with what I needed to get done! I'm so proud of myself, plus I have been doing it completely by myself! Luckily, the weather has been good to me and even though it has been raining here for the past three days it didn't rain at all until right when I was unloading my last carload crap my stuff!

I totally forgot that I was going to take pictures as I went to chronicle my move for you all! I have a "before" picture of my room, but I really wish I had a picture of each carload. Oh well, I will take pictures the rest of the time. My car pretty much looked like this, FOUR times.

I haven't even began to unpack, so I will have plenty of pictures to share with you all. :) Plus, there's still some stuff at my roommates house. Like, my shoes, pictures on the wall and a couple more boxes. Tomorrow the movers will get the large furniture like my bed/mattress, bookshelves, tv and dresser.

All day I kept coming up with good ideas for blog posts, which is so weird because I have been busy all day! Maybe it's just because I have been moving all this stuff while alone and have had time to think.

So, I was wondering...what do you all do when a good idea hits you at a random time and you want to make sure to remember it? Do you write in a certain spot? Do you carry a notebook around with you? Do you write it down on any random piece of paper?

I have an ongoing note on my blackberry (since I always have my blackberry on me) that I write down all ideas. I also have a notebook that I write ideas down, but usually type them.

Hope you're all having a great day! I'm off to eat some pizza with the fam... I think I deserve it after my "workout" called moving today! I'm already sore!!

Don't forget to wash your hands... I have a bad feeling about this swine flu that started in Mexico.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Good job on the moving!

I get ideas at the randomest times too. I usually keep notes in my blackberry, or creat draft blog posts with random bullet points about the idea. I have about five or six blog posts saved in my drafts that are unfinished. I also jot stuff down in my notebook or journal if it's near me!

Shoshanah said...

I'm always getting random ideas and forgetting to write them down. They eventually come back to me, but I should probably come up with a better system

Anonymous said...

great job with the moving... and all by yourself, i couldn't even imagine! i'm starting the process of packing up thursday for a week and then my parents are coming with a u-haul to move me 3 hours away! it's going to be an experience, none the less! have fun unpacking!

Lesli said...

I have a small notebook in my purse for jotting down ideas, and I am prone to writing things down on sticky notes or backs of envelopes with ideas I have.

Glad your move is going so smoothly. I am going to need your new mailing address--just send me a private email!