Hey everyone! It's been awhle since I have done on Ten on Tuesday!! I hope your week is going fabulously! :)
1. What does your work out schedule look like? Lately, non existent. My excuse is I'm on my feet all day at work, so that is my exercise. Lame, I know. Life has been so hectic, I'm hoping next semester I can incorporate a regular workout schedule but for now the odd run or walk or 30 minutes with Jillian is going to have to suffice.
2. What is your favorite machine to use at the gym? Definitely the elliptical or the stationary bike. Both are easy to watch tv or read a magazine on and that keeps me going for longer! :)
3. What is your favorite class to take at the gym? I looooooove Step! I have loved it since I was in college. My freshman year one of my very best friends, Kristi became interested in becoming a group fitness instructor. Now, almost 10 years later she's still doing it! Many times I am her guinea pig..... I vomited after trying to keep up with her during a Body Attack "class". (It was just us two trying it out, so it wasn't really a class.) Other favorites of mine she teaches are Zumba, Kickboxing and Body Pump.
4. Where do you shop for work out gear and clothing? Wherever... no one place in particular!
5. If you can’t go to the gym, do you have a favorite outdoor activity A run outside is preferred over the treadmill! I hate the treadmill! Outdoors I also like taking walks and loooove hikes! Too bad I'm in Iowa and there isn't much to hike around here...
6. What about a favorite work out DVD? If so, please share! I like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred!
7. Are you more active now or when you were in high school? I am definitely NOT more active now. In high school I played soccer for my high school in the spring and for a private indoor soccer club in the winter. While also in a "running club" year round to stay in shape for soccer. I was also a cheerleader for football and basketball.
8. How has your dieting/working out philosophy changed since high school? I am much more knowledgeable now about what I am eating... before I had no idea how to read a nutrition label and didn't really care!
9. What do you do while working out– (i.e., day dream, read, listen to music, gab with a friend)? I like to watch tv, listen to my ipod or read.
10. What working out resolution would you like to make for yourself this year?
There's not much of the year left... but I guess I would just like to start making it more of a piority again! I have definitely let it go and I can feel the pounds creeping back on. Not a good feeling.
Welcome! My name's Amber and I'm a recently-turned-30 year old living in Des Moines, IA. No, it's not all cornfields and farms here and I am actually a city girl, having spent very little time on any type of farm! Here is where I talk about anything and everything going on in my life!
Want to contact me?
Send me an email at:
What I'm reading...
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
What I just finished reading...
This Girl by Colleen Hoover
Books 'n Bars
Come check out my book club in the Des Moines area. We check out a new bar each month and read one book a month.