Well good morning everyone! How was your weekend? I am so sad to see Sunday here hopefully it goes by nice and slow... right? ;)
Today is day 1 of the 30 day challenge I accepted! If you missed what I am talking about, you can check it out here!
So without further ado, shall I get going?
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Here is a picture of me (in the middle) with four of my closest friends. I think the five of us were together for a friends birthday. It only happens a few times a year when we're all together but when we do it's always a good time! :)
I am Amber a 28 year old girl (woman?) living in the Midwest and loving life! I work for a major US retailer and run one of the busiest stores in the company, it for sure keeps me busy! I am also working on my master's degree part-time at Drake University and I absolutely love it! I'm so glad to back in the classroom learning, I feel like I'm using my brain at work but I'm not really learning, ya know? I have a wonderful family that I am so grateful for! My parents live about 20 minutes away from me and I have recently rented a condo with my sister who is 4 years younger than me. We are having a great time living together, but I think the dogs are enjoying it more! I have a black puggle named Zeke and she has a black and white chihuahua named Chico and they adore each other. I'm so glad they have a buddy for those long days my sister and I work! I have a great group of friends that I am also extremely grateful for. We have been friends since the beginning of college and I love when we can all get together -- it doesn't happen too often, unfortunately! Then, last but certainly not least I have been dating an amazing guy for the past few months that has shown me what a real man is and is slowly but surely getting me to trust guys again -- I didn't think it would happen this fast after my last break up but... I guess I should expect the unexpected! :)
15 interesting facts:
1. I don't like watermelon (or any kind of melon for that matter)
2. I want to be a special ed or esl teacher when I am done with my masters
3. I have a cat named after a job I used to hold
4. Mouth noises gross me out, or the sounds of people/animals eating
5. I think Jimmy Fallon is so cute and I have a mini crush on him :)
6. I chopped my hair into a bob last summer and am still desperately trying to grow it out
7. Kraft spiral macaroni is the only mac and cheese from a box I will eat
8. I love healthy living and cooking blogs but I rarely work out and I hardly ever cook
9. House Hunters is one of my all time favorite shows, it gives me ideas!
10. My favorite wardrobe staples are the pieces I got for dirt cheap on the clearance racks
11. I wear a claddagh ring (Irish love ring) but I am not Irish
12. I am a 1/8th American Indian but you would never know it! My dad on the other hand is DARK!
13. I am trying to visit all 50 states and I am more than halfway there!
14. I have a thing about smells. My apartment has to smell good at all times!
15. I love the water and miss living by the ocean! The lakes of Iowa will have to do for now :)
So there you have it. A recent picture, an intro and 15 of my quirks! See ya'll tomorrow!