Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 8

Day 8-A place you've traveled to

I have not traveled near as much as I would like to! But, one place that I absolutely loved was New York City!

The spring of my junior year of college I spent a week there doing a field study. A group of 10 or so fashion majors spent 7 days hopping around NYC visiting fashion houses and other companies relating to the fashion industry. Sounds like fun, right?! It was!

We went to the Ralph Lauren Polo house

We visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art

We visited The Gap's headquarters for product design and development (cool!)

and

Ralph Lauren Childenswear headquarters, which at the time was a separate company from the original RL. Through this visit I scored my internship, so that was pretty cool! (Sorry, I couldn't find a pic!)

Other fun things we did on this trip was visit Ground Zero. Here is what it looked like in 2003!

I also really loved Times Square! It was sooo cool! We saw Thouroughly Modern Millie on Broadway and it sparked an interest in seeing every Broadway show I possibly could!

This was such a great trip and I can't wait to go back someday as an "adult"! When I was there I was just barely 21!

What is your favorite place that you have travled??

3 comments:

Kate Spears said...

i went to nyc recently and i loved it as much as you did! i so enjoy reading your blog and i apologize for not commenting more often....i really love italy and would love to do a trip there sometime.....oddly enough, it reminded me of my sweet tennessee hills. xoxo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh NYC! That's one place that I haven't been and want to go so bad!! It sounds like you had an amazing time there!

Shoshanah said...

I've been to NYC a few times, but honestly I'm not a huge fan. I think the tall buildings really just intimidate me.