Thursday, December 10, 2009

More crazy weather talk and Best of '09 (10)

Well, it's still crazy here but we've dug our way out from underneath the snow. Some of us anyway. There are still cars that I do not think people have touched for four days now... silly, silly fools. You can barely see the car beneath all the snow.

Funny story - my sister lives in the same apartment complex as me and yesterday she called me bawling. She was trying to get her car out of its parking spot and she got stuck, so she got out of the car forgetting it was still in gear, in reverse. While she was trying to dig out her tires the door to the car shut and locked her keys in it. With the spare.

Funny, right? I was giggling so hard I thought she was going to slap me! Luckily, after an off-duty policemen that lives in our building and several other bystanders tried to help we got the car door open and she moved it safely back to it's spot. She still doesn't think it was funny but I thought it was hilaaaarious! I now have her spare set of keys because she apparently trusts me more than she trusts herself!

All the schools here were closed again but everything else opened, including my store and we were pretty busy, but not near as busy as I expected. Darn! It's so bitter cold though, if I didn't have to go out I don't think I would!

Time for the 9th edition of the Best of '09 challenge!

December 10 Album of the year. What's rocking your world?

Definitely Lady Gaga's The Fame album, which I don't think came out in 2009, but rather 2008. It was definitely the album that rocked my 2009 though! I really wasn't sure what to think of her when she first came on the scene, because... well... look at her! She's kinda a freakshow, but I kinda like it! All of her songs are so catchy I can't help but love them and I hardly ever change the station when one of them comes on!

What do you guys think of Lada Gaga? Do you like her? She opened for NKOTB when I saw them the first time (yes, I have seen them twice since they want on tour again) and nobody had really heard of her but now I'm so glad she was the one that opened because she was pretty cool in concert! Minus the fact that she kept repeating she was from NYC... we get it Gaga, you're a true New Yorker!

What was your favorite album of 2009?

7 comments:

Amber said...

Oh no that sucks about your sister but is kind of funny! Lol. That's interesting you guys live in the same apartment complex but not together! Do you see each other lots??

I really like Lady Gaga's music, fun to dance to and to workout to!

Anonymous said...

ooo lady gaga!

Hope you're surviving in the snow!!! ( I stole your december question idea...hope you dont mind :) )

Happy (almost) Friday!)

Anonymous said...

ooo lady gaga!

Hope you're surviving in the snow!!! ( I stole your december question idea...hope you dont mind :) )

Happy (almost) Friday!)

Anonymous said...

ooo lady gaga!

Hope you're surviving in the snow!!! ( I stole your december question idea...hope you dont mind :) )

Happy (almost) Friday!)

Sam said...

Hahaha, I would definitely be laughing too! I laugh at all the wrong times, but that just seems like something I would do, so I definitely find it humorous! I'm glad she got her car situated :)

And I do like Lady Gaga, which surprises me! Fun to dance to.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love Lady Gaga's music!!! It is SO cold here too! Stay warm!

Sam said...

I just gave you an award on my blog :)