Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Do you Zumba?

I mentioned on Twitter last night that I was going to try the group fitness class, Zumba last night. Well, I didn't make it to that class, instead I chose to go to Step class which was taught right after Zumba.

I love Step, it was the first class I started going to way back when during my freshman year of college. One of my best friends got me to start going and I'm so glad she did! She's a group fitness instructor now, teaching everything from Step, Bodypump, Zumba and Kickboxing. She's awesome!

Well, she has been raving about Zumba for sometime now. I'm thinking I will head to a class tomorrow because it's taught at 4:30pm and I get off at 4:00pm so it's perfect.

Have any of you heard of Zumba? If so, have you tried it? I guess it's kind of like salsa dancing. I watched the last 10 minutes of the class today and I have to say, I'm really excited to check it out! It doesn't look hard at all and looks like lots of fun!

I will be sure to let you all know how it goes!

8 comments:

marisol said...

My mom really likes it mostly because it doesn't feel like exercise to her. She feels like she is dancing and enjoying herself.

marisol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I haven't heard of it, but now I'm intrerested! Let us know how you like it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

One of my friends raves about this class non stop. I haven't went to it but she loves it!

Anonymous said...

I've heard of it - two of my friends love it. I was just thinking this morning about taking Zumba or Step tomorrow. I haven't tried either... but I'm nervous because I'm very uncoordinated!

MIITB said...

Oohh that sounds tons of fun actually! Let us know how it is. I'm not a big step person, but anything to shake this big ol butt of mine I'm down for.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I tried it and wasn't super impressed - I just didn't feel like I got a good work out. But my friend in AZ goes every week and said it's an awesome work out, so I think it really depends on how good your instructor is? Def worth checking out though!!

Lele said...

Zumba is soooooooooooo fun. I am a horrible dancer, but so was everyone else! We just giggled and cardio'd! I highly recommend it.