Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Best of 2009! Dec 1 & 2


Every year on Facebook, Myspace or ALPITC I do a year-end-review meme, so when I saw this challenge on Sam's page I knew I had to do it! Plus, I'm hoping it keeps me blogging regularly!
To find out more about this challenge, check it out here! I hope you participate!

Since I am a day late getting this challenge started I am doing December 1 & 2 in the same post! Here goes!

December 1 Trip. What was your best trip in 2009?

2009 was not too exciting for me in regards to trips or vacations. After losing my job after the first year and starting a new one a month later I did not have vacation time until the end of the year. This did not leave much time to plan a fabulous vacation!
One trip I did go on that I know I will hold close to my heart for years is a few days spent in Kansas City with my colleagues after our stores closed. We had all planned to get together in a central location and spend a few days together as friends, no longer co-workers. It was awesome! We all knew it would be one of the last times we would see each other for a long time and we really lived it up! We partied in Kansas City's Power and Light District, ate at the Melting Pot and did a lot of shopping for about three days.
Below is a picture of us while we were waiting for our cab at Power and Light. Excuse the poor picture quality!
I have a feeling 2010 will be a much different story... Cy and I are already planning several trips and I cannot wait to travel with him! The only thing I am worried about is, he has waaaay more vacation time than I do and I don't want to miss out on anything! I guess we'll have to wait and see! :)

December 2 Restaurant moment. Share the best restaurant experience you had this year. Who was there? What made it amazing? What taste stands out in your mind?

My best restaurant moment also has to do with the little get together in Kansas City. We ate dinner one night at The Melting Pot on the Plaza and it was so amazing! I have had fondue before but never at The Melting Pot and it was so amazingly good! We had great company, tons of good laughs and awesome food. What more can you ask for?

5 comments:

Lesli said...

Love the Melting Pot! We have one in Minneapolis you know. Come & see me!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oo, fun! I might have to supplement my December posts with these! Great idea.

My best trip was a trip to NYC and I can't really think of a best restaurant experience. Isn't that sad? It's mostly because I stopped eating gluten in February so I really can't eat out as much since there aren't many options for me. :( But the good news is I cook more for myself!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That's great that you have trips to look forward to! I think that's one of the best parts is the anticipation!

Shoshanah said...

I went to the melting pot several times in college, and turned into a pretty big fan. Especially of their desserts!

marisol said...

mmm the Melting Pot! Cheese & chocolate... how can you go wrong?