Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Best of '09 (7) (8)

Yikes. Behind again. Oh well, I'm going to quit with the excuses and accept it. December is my busiest month of the year and... it is what it is.

If you're in the Midwest and getting lots of snow, please be safe! We are getting dumped on today and tomorrow. It's supposed to be at worst tonight right when I get off work! Keep your fingers crossed I get home okay. Luckily, I only live about 8 miles from the mall I work at.

December 7 Blog find of the yearThat gem of a blog you can't believe you didn't know about until this year.

I didn't even have to think about this one. I found a GEM of a blog waaaaay earlier this year, I believe back in January and it quickly became a must-read everyday!
Amber from Girl with the Red Hair formerly Amber Alert is one my absolute favorite bloggers! She blogs about running, food, her long-term relationship, careers and school. She keeps it interesting by blogging about different topics daily and many time very thought provoking subjects. One of my favorite things about her is she always leaves very thoughtful comments on my posts. I can tell she has really thought about what she is saying to me, and she almost always says something. I love it! I also see her everywhere on the blogosphere, she really gives back to her readers by returning the favor and visiting their blog. It's so refreshing for a blogger with such high traffic. Sometimes I wonder if she sleeps! :)
If you haven't come across her blog, you are seriously missing out! Check it out! NOW! :)

December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

Hmmm.... a moment of peace? I'm gonna have to think about this one for a minute.

Ok, got it.

My biggest moment of peace happened about three weeks after my store closed. I still didn't have a job and although I was financially secure and enjoying some time off I was still scared to death of being jobless and on unemployment for the year. Then, I got the tip of a lifetime. The Limited Too in my mall (which had just been turned into a Justice, which was another chain owned by the same company) needed a store manager. I knew the district manager (thank you networking skills!) I contacted her and a week later, I had the job! I was happy with my salary, incentive plan and (probably the best of all) the volume of the store. It was HUGE! Even now, I am sometimes overwhelmed at the amount of merchandise I "own". It's off the charts crazy. Just on Black Friday we moved over 4,500 pieces of merchandise. That's insane.

After I got the call that I had the job a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt this tranquil, untroubled feeling. I could relax! I was still mourning the closing of Club Libby Lu and probably always will but I believe 100% that everything happens for a reason and I knew at that moment that I was a very, very lucky and blessed girl.

That's it for me! Catch ya'll later! :)


5 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I read her blog every now and then! I really should just start following it! Everytime I've read it, she's great

Amber said...

Well aren't you just the sweetest thing EVER! Thank you so so so so so so much for this, Amber! Obviously I love your blog as well and I love connecting with you through Twitter and Facebook too! I feel like we are REAL friends.

And that's a great moment of peace. I LOVE hearing about your job and I plan on emailing you those questions asap!

Thanks again, love. This post SERIOUSLY made my day! XO

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

These are fun to read! And I agree- Amber is thebomb.com :)

Kelly said...

Totally agree about Amber, she is awesome!

Unknown said...

I totally agree about Amber as well. I don't know where she finds all the time to do what she does.

That's awesome about your job. Sounds like a really huge store with lots of responsibility. Best of luck with Christmas crazies!