Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best of '09 December 11-15

December 11 The best place. A coffee shop? A pub? A retreat center? A cubicle? A nook?

The best place for me to relax and unwind (which I believe this question is really asking) is Barnes and Noble. It's not just any Barnes and Noble though, it's a two story, gorgeous store. Seriously, I have been in a lot of B&N's and this one is by far the best. It was the first one my hometown got (it has two now) and I have been in love with it since college when I would study there when I happened to be in town away from my college town. Now, I go there when I have extra time on my hands to browse the books, relax in it's comfy chairs or people watch. I used to be there at least once a week, but haven't been for awhile. Hopefully, when Christmas is over I will have more time to visit one of my favorite places!

December 12 New food. You're now in love with Lebanese food and you didn't even know what it was in January of this year.

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food so I don't try new things all that often. I wish I did, but I just don't. I have a very boring palate! The only thing I did a lot more of this year was eat sushi. My good friend Krystal and I started going out for sushi a couple times a month to catch up and try something new and it's really stuck. We're actually going tonight and I'm really excited! Our favorite place is called Miyabi 9 and it's this tiiiiiny little sushi place downtown in the East Village that has like 8 tables but has the best sushi ever. We hardly ever go anywhere else anymore!

December 13 What's the best change you made to the place you live?

Well, I moved this year! Like I do every year, coughcough. Late last year when I found out I would be job-less early 2009 I moved into my friends house so I could save some money on rent and utilities. When I got the job I have now I decided to move back into my own apartment. Since college I have lived alone so having a roommate again was kind of a struggle for me. She wasn't a bad roommate at all, she was actually one of the best ever and I couldn't have asked for more but I think once you get used to living alone it's hard to go back to having roommates. Especially for females!

December 14 Rush. When did you get your best rush of the year?

Hmmm.... best rush. I'm having a hard time coming up with something! Everything I am thinking of has to do with Cy and the first few dates... I loved that we took things so slow the first few dates, we didn't even hold hands until the third date! We talk about it now and laugh but I think we were both so nervous neither of us would make the first move. It's so different from other guys that I have dated that it just made me fall harder for him and we did hold hands and kiss... etc, etc it was some of the greatest feelings ever!

December 15 Best packaging. Did your headphones come in a sweet case? See a bottle of tea in another country that stood off the shelves?

I'm coming up with a blank here too... I'm lame today! You should check out the pictures of some sweet packaging that Sam found though! They're pretty cool!

That's it for me, I'm all caught up. Again!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the exact B&N you're talking about (well, at least Im pretty sure I do lol) I worked in the backyard of it for 6 months last year at my internship (on 50th and Corporate!) I killed a lot of time in that place...LOVE it! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Totally agree on the B&N thing. That place is a little slice of heaven!

My favorite new food is definitely quinoa. I love it!