Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I borrowed stole this cute meme from The Many Thoughts of a Reader! Merry Christmas Eve! I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed holiday!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like the look of wrapped gifts so I do my best to wrap as many as possible! This year I actually got them all wrapped! Shocking, though!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I have an artificial tree that was a hand-me-down from my mom!

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually over thanksgiving weekend but I just got my tree up a little over a week ago. Oops.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first week of January, or really whenever I feel like it. It's never as much fun taking it down as it is putting it up. Slightly depressing, in fact.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes I do! But, I try not to drink too much of the stuff....

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My favorite gift was an electronic keyboard. I have no idea why my parents got me it, but I would play for hours teaching myself the notes and learning new songs.

7. Hardest person to buy for? This year, it was my sister! I don't know why but I couldn't find anything for her. Instead, she got a gift certificate for the mall. Everyone likes those, right?

8. Easiest person to buy for? Cy. (shocking, right?) I knew right away two possibilities for him, so I got really, really lucky.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. But this year I was lazy…

11. Worst Christmas ever? Probably about 10 years when my Grandpa died. Nothing has been the same since. When he was alive everything was traditions and predictable. Now, it's different every year. Sad. :(

12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Definitely Elf. Love me some Will Farrell!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just depends... Usually mid-December. If I start too early I spend too much money.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'll admit it, I have!

15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Frosted sugar cookies... Mmmmmm...

16. Lights on the tree? Of course! I like all white lights!

17. Favorite Christmas song? The Alvin and the Chipmunks song! It always makes me smile!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually stay home. My work schedule usually does not permit me to travel anywhere :(

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No, but I know my mom can!

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We always do them Christmas Eve because we are impatient and can't wait (and we all loooove to sleep in!).

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The high calorie sweets and food! It's so hard to resist, so I just don't!

22. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year it's blue and silver... I don't have a favorite yet, still trying new ones out. I really want to decorate a tree in all white and pearls one year. Wouldn't that be pretty?

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honey ham! Yum!!!

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Health and happiness for my friends and family! (oh, and you all know what I want from Cy! Wink, wink!) ;)

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you so much for reading and stopping by my blog this year, it means so much to me!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah I hope you get everything you want and more this year :) Merry Christmas!

Lesli said...

Merry Christmas, Amber, and Happy New Year! Hope all your Christmas wishes come true.

xoxo

And see you next weekend.

CIP said...

I loveeee Elf too!

Merry Christmas :)

Sam said...

If I go shopping too early I spend way too much as well. That is why my mom this year has TONS of gifts from me because I forgot about the one's I bought a long time ago! And my poor dad has one. But he's difficult to by for anyway..

Anonymous said...

Elf is such a cute movie! Merry Christmas :)

Heather said...

You gotta love eggnog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Elf is sooo funny! Will F, cracks me up! Have a great Christmas!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Merry Merry Christmas!!