Friday, April 13, 2012

Looking forward

I love this Looking Forward feature that Lisa sometimes does on her blog, and today I am stealing borrowing it!

Today ... I am looking forward to happy hour and dinner with my parents afterwards! Today is my little sister and my Dad's birthday! Yep, they both have the same birthday (best birthday present ever to my dad 26 years ago!) and I think it is the coolest thing! I hope they enjoy sharing a birthday. ;)

Next week ... I am looking forward to seeing Jimmy Buffett in concert! We're heading to Buzzard Billy's to tailgate/drink beforehand, and I'm beyond excited! What a great perk in the middle of the week!

This month ... I'm really looking forward to Books 'n Bars being at Americana for brunch on a Sunday! I love their Sunday brunch, not only because it's extremely delicious, but because they have a bloody mary bar that rivals my other favorite bloody mary bar in town (Front Row) and I love me a rich and spicy bloody mary. ;) The book is also one that I am EXTREMELY excited to discuss! This month we're reading Loving Frank, which.. I, well, loved! Last night I discussed the book a tiny bit with a friend of mine that was out last night for happy hour and it got me really excited all over again. I wish I could reread it, but I just read it January and that wasn't that long ago, so it would be kind of pointless.

Next month ... I am looking forward to attending Rockfest in Kansas City with a big group of friends. This is a total last minute decision for me (not unusual) and I cannot stop thinking about how much fun it will be! I used to live in Kansas City, so I jump at any chance to head back down there. Plus, I have never been to one of these concerts (it's similar to Lazerfest in Des Moines) and I have only heard people rave about how much fun they had. Caaaaan't wait! ;) Plus, it's the weekend right after finals, so I will be ready CELEBRATE!


This year ... Oh, gosh. I am looking forward to so many things this year. Vegas in October for Lesli's birthday, Dam to Dam in June, some interesting classes I'm taking later this year, possibly traveling to DC to see Becky, moving into a new place (hopefully a house)... so many things going on this this year!

What are you looking forward to lately? Hope everyone had a good week!

11 comments:

Amber said...

So cool your dad and sister share the same birthday! My birthday is exactly a month after my mom's! So I guess I was a late bday present? Haha.

I loved that book too! Your Books n' Bars club sounds SO FUN!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to! It's funny your dad and sister share the same birthday. I have two friends who share birthdays with their dads!

I have not read Loving Frank. I was going to get it from the library yesterday but decided to wait, since I have a stack of about 10 books I am supposed to be reading first!

Stephany said...

My brother's birthday falls on my grandparents anniversary. So that's a pretty nice anniversary gift: a grandchild! Haha. ;)

Sounds like some fun times are ahead. Just have to get through the grind of finals first. Good luck!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That's awesome that your dad & sister share a birthday! I imagine that's the best birthday gift a person could ask for! My nephew was born the day after my sister's birthday, so they are pretty close!

You have lots to look forward to! I love doing these posts because they really lift me up and remind me of all the good things in my life!

Becky said...

I love these posts! I'm looking forward to you maybe coming out here too!!

Jayme Shelby said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Love that your brother and sister have the same birthday--so cool!

I need to get to Americana...I've heard such great things!

I'm looking forward to the Drake 8k in a couple of weeks, my basement remodel being finished, and my trip to Europe in June!

Anonymous said...

Love that your brother and sister have the same birthday--so cool!

I need to get to Americana...I've heard such great things!

I'm looking forward to the Drake 8k in a couple of weeks, my basement remodel being finished, and my trip to Europe in June!

Lesli said...

Looking forward to book club at Americana and my birthday in Vegas both! And maybe...just maybe I will start blogging again! :-)
xoxo

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I love these looking forward posts too! Happy Birthday to your dad and sister :)

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

What a positive and fun post! Have you been to Vegas?? We have gone twice and I'm dying to go back!! Hope you're having a great week!