Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Yikes, so glad that Monday is over with. This week might as well be finals week. Finals at Drake are so different from finals at ISU. Maybe it's because it is grad school. I don't know... but the projects, papers and presentations are seriously kicking me in the behind.

I'm not complaining though, trust me, deep down I love being this kind of busy. ;)

So, it is Tuesday and it has been far too long since I have played along with Chelsea and participated in her weekly meme!. Ten on Tuesday.

1. Do you wear glasses, contacts, or are you one of those perfect eyed people?
Do those perfect eye people still exist?! If so, I don't like you very much. I have worn contacts since middle school, and have had glasses since the first grade. I can still remember that day I walked (ok, sulked) into first grade and my teacher complimented me on my glasses and I scowled at her.

2. What is the next item you are going to purchase?
Uhhh... no idea. This week I am not allowed to buy anything. Unless it's a present for someone else!

3. Have you ever watched Judge Judy or any other real court show?
Yup. Not really into it. It feels kind of staged to me.

4. How do you feel about fake nails?
I used to have acrylic nails done all. the. time. I look back on it now and kind of hate seeing those pictures with my nails done. Now I love having my nails at a shorter, more manageable length and changing the color every week.

5. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Basketball is most fun to watch. Maybe it's because I was a basketball cheerleader for three years? I just understand and enjoy watching it.

6. If you could create your own Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor, what would it be and what would it be named?
Hmmm... well, when I have my choice of any topping or flavoring, everything usually ends up in it, so the same would probably happen for ice cream... it would have cookie dough, chocolate chips, strawberries, caramel, peanut butter cups... do you want me to go on? I would call it, Everything but the Kitchen Sink. Or Garbage Ice Cream (but that doesn't sound too appealing, does it?)

7. Do you have any scars?
I have a big scar on my knee where I completely wiped out on my bike when I was about ten years old. I was going around a corner way too fast, there was sand on the street... and you can imagine what happened next. I also have a really weird scar on the inside of my wrist from when I first got Libby and she scratched me. Her nails must have just been clipped and it dug into wrist and left this dot shaped scar.

8. Does your pet’s name fit them? Is there a more appropriate name?
I think Libby, is definitely a Libby. I also love that her name has a story behind it and she's named after the company I used to work for. Zeke was a Zeke when I got him... I don't think it really suits him, because it sounds like a tough dog name and he's not really a tough dog... I don't know what else I would name him though.

9. What is your favorite television show theme song?
Right now, probably Big Bang Theory (gotta love Barenaked Ladies!) and over all... I'm going to get cliche and say Cheers or maybe Golden Girls. ;)

10. What was your favorite activity on the playground?
The jungle gym. I liked to climb on top of stuff. I was that kid that figured out how to get on to the top of the swing set... it's a wonder I don't have more scars or have had any broken bones.

Pick your favorite question and answer it below!

9 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Good luck w/ all the projects and papers and such. I remember that feeling from grad school. It was not a week of tests, it was weeks leading up to a week of exams! I prefer tests to papers, so I did not love the project/paper aspect of grad school.

My favorite sport to watch is the summer olympics! I don't really like any other sporting events. But gymnastics, swimming, and track & field? Yes, yes, and yes!

Anonymous said...

Don't hate me, but I'm one of those "perfect eyes" people! LOL

Anonymous said...

Don't hate me, but I'm one of those "perfect eyes" people! LOL

Marisa A. said...

Ha no kidding. Drew has glasses but totally doesn't need them to you know function. Like I do as I'm basically blind in the morning until I find my glasses. Also favorite tv theme song is....GUMMI BEARS!!!! Bouncing here and there and everywhere!

Marisa A. said...

Ha no kidding. Drew has glasses but totally doesn't need them to you know function. Like I do as I'm basically blind in the morning until I find my glasses. Also favorite tv theme song is....GUMMI BEARS!!!! Bouncing here and there and everywhere!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Oh man, I hated finals. Good luck!

I used to love the flipping bar. I really look back and think, did we really spin around a bar on one leg and no hands? I mean, that looks scary now. But I loved it as a kid!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I would totally buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream named Everything but the Kitchen Sink. It sounds perfect for me!

Anonymous said...

That ice cream sounds great, no matter what it's called.

Stephany said...

I was a basketball cheerleader, too! Just for one year in high school but it was a lot of fun. :)