Friday, November 25, 2011

All I want for Christmas...

It's Black Friday, are you shopping today? This post is scheduled to go up at 5:30am, I'm sure many of you will still be going strong at that time. Me? No. I will not.

My mom and I are going to Jordan Creek (the popular mall in our area) to laugh at see the 35,000+ people rush into the mall at midnight. For the past seven years I spent my holidays working in a mall.

For the past seven years I spent this weekend irritable from lack of sleep, yet pumped up from all the excitement and caffeine. Before CLL closed, I was usually traveling around this holiday. In 2006 I spent an entire month in Columbus, OH. Then got stuck in Chicago, trying to get home from that same trip. The past two years I spent it opening a top volume store at midnight for those crazy Iowan's that want to shop at the mall in the middle of the night. But... not this year. This year, I had a glorious SIX day vacation, and, it kind of feels ... wrong.

But, not thaaat wrong. ;)

Anyway, I am positive I have some readers that I know 'in real life' lurking on this ol' blog, so today, I thought I'd help you out...

...with my Christmas List! (Yes, that is a proper noun that needed to be capitalized).

My mom has been bugging me for my list for quite awhile, I knew I had some time though because she cough,cough -doesherChristmasshoppingtheweekbefore-cough, cough.

Hehe, you know I love you, Mom!

Anyway, here are the things I just can't live without anymore.

An Erin Condren iPhone case, if I was practical, I would ask for an Otterbox phone cover, but ... I really want one of these, because I enjoy things with my name on them. Duh.


Various books...
My Year With Eleanor by Noelle Hancock
11/22/63 by Stephen King
Then Again by Diane Keaton
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
Peas and Thank You by Sarah Matheny
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (I've read this book, but borrowed it from the library and loved it)
A Secret Kept, also by Tatiana de Rosnay
Educating Esme: Diary of a First Year Teacher by Esme Raji Codell
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Of course I want all of these (and many, many, many more), but the bolded ones are must haves :)

Boot socks
I love wearing boots, with tights/leggings and some chunky socks with a sweater dress. So far this season, it has been my go-to outfit. Now, I just need more boot socks!

Speaking of boots... I need more sweater dresses!

Yes, I know. You have probably seen me shopping many times on Twitter, and have bought several sweater dresses this season, but some I have had to return! (Plus, I am cheap, and love searching for a deal. So I don't feel bad. ;) )

This particular dress is from Target and is the perfect example of what I like. Plus, it's only $23.99, can't beat that! I can dress this up with bright tights and fun socks, a scarf or a belt. I'm a big fan of keeping the actual top/bottom/dress simple, but dressing everything up with accessories! Your wardrobe will last you so much longer if you do that.

Travel coffee mugs.


I am in desperate need of some more travel mugs and I really, really like this cute ceramic mug with a sweater (a SWEATER! Ahh, the cuteness!) from Caribou. How adorable, no? :)

A food processor

This has been on my list for way too long. I don't know why I don't own one. I don't even know what to look for to be honest. Is a good food processor worth spending extra money on? I don't even know. I just know that I really need one. The blender I own is on it's last leg... :/

The Obol.

I hate soggy cereal, so this is absolutely perfect for me. Need. As-Soon-As-Possible.

A new iPhone docking station for beside my bed.

I have a docking station in my bathroom, but I use it everyday while getting read and I'm getting tired of moving it back and forth from the bathroom and my room. This one would be perfect! Anything with a clock will do though... I know these can get a little overpriced, and they don't need to be (imo).

This leaf ring from Etsy.


I saw this the other day on Pinterest and fell in love with it! Isn't it adorable? There's also a matching bracelet... just sayin'....

Also from the same seller on Etsy, I found this claddagh ring that I just love.

I know technically you're not supposed to gift yourself with a claddagh and that a guy is supposed to give it to you. I don't care though, I still want it. I don't care who gives it to me, whether that be myself or someone else! ;)

What's on your Christmas list this year?? Do you know the story behind the Claddagh ring?

9 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have a food processor and I love it. I would not get a cheap one, but I don't think you have to spend a ton. I believe i have an Oster brand one and I have been extremely happy with it! I got it for Christmas years ago!

I am still working on my list! I want a new Anthro apron, the Pea & Thank You cookbook, and silicon potholders (yes, I am super exciting), among other things! I have to get my mom my list early because she shops for 16 people, so she really has to get on the ball and start early!!!

RockStar Paint, LLC said...

I'm still saying its a sock, not a sweater.......

Amber said...

I was wondering what those socks were I saw sticking out of your boots when you posted your outfit the other day! I have never heard of boot socks!

Great list! I posted mine the other day but the thing I want the most is an e-reader!!

Jen said...

I would like you to tell the story of the ring because I have no idea what you are talking about. And...holding my head in shame. I don't understand food processors. We registered for one and got it, then never used it so we sold it at our yard sale. (we had it 7 years, it was time to say goodbye.)

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Great list. I need to get on it! I started making mine but I better hurry and post before it's too late! I need a couple of sweater dresses too! I just bought a new pair of boots (for myself, yup) and now I need the outfit to go with!

PS I tried to access your last two days of Thanks and they are gone! They are on the reader but not on your blog!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love your list! I need more boot socks and sweater dresses too! Hope you get some stuff you're wanting this year!

Becky said...

"...because I enjoy things with my name on them. Duh."

Hahaha I love you.

*Butler, Party of 4* said...

LOVE that leaf ring!!!! And I need some boot socks!!

Lesli said...

I want the boot socks and iPhone cover! I also want Peas & Thank You--I gave that to one of my friends for her birthday-but wanted it for myself!