Tuesday, June 7, 2011

ToT time

It's Ten on Tuesday time! Thank you, Chelsea for hosting. Check out Roots and Rings for more information about participating!

1. What type of phone do you have? Do you like it?
I'm a sucker and got the iPhone almost right after Verizon added it to their lineup of phones. I absolutely love it - I have never been able to do so much with a cell phone. Sometimes the touch screen keyboard bugs me, but it's not something I haven't been able to get over.

2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
I was 16. It was really my mom's phone but I had it more than she did. I had that really old Nokia that had the game Snake on it. Remember those?

3. How many cell phones have you owned since your first?
Oh my... I have no clue. Probably 10 or so?

4. How much is your average monthly phone bill?
I pay $110 a month. Is that high? I feel like it's normal, but I'm willing to pay for the bells and whistles ;)

5. When you were a kid/teenager, were you allowed to have a phone in your room?
Yes. I had my own phone line. That's how much I was on the phone...

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you despise it? Or somewhere in-between?
Back when I was a teenager I loved it and spent HOURS on the phone. Now, I despise it. I hate talking on the phone and would much rather text.

7. Do you text a lot? Is texting/talking while driving illegal where you live? Are you guilty of it anyway?
Yes. Not yet. Yes.
Don't scold me! It will be illegal in July here. Getting the iPhone has been good for this nasty little habit because it's harder to text on it.

8. What sort of texting keyboard does your phone have? Touch screen, slide out, or something different? Do you care?
I have a touch screen, and it's sometimes hard to use! :/ I'm sure I could have submitted some pretty funny submissions to damnyouautocorrect.com since getting the iPhone!

9. Look at the last call in your call log – who is it? What were they calling about? Who calls you the most?
My mother. I think she was calling about... nothing? My mother calls the most ;) I don't mind though, I call her just as much!

10. What is the longest phone call you can recall having?
Literally, hours and hours. When I was a teen I was on the phone CONSTANTLY.

That's all I got for today. Remember yesterday's post where I laid out my summer school schedule? Yeah, June is going to be rooooough. I'll try to hang in there and get in at least a few posts a week. :)

Have a happy Tuesday, everyone!

7 comments:

Lesli said...

I heart my iPhone but have the same annoyance sometimes with the keyboard. Sometimes I see I typed a word wrong and well, i just keep going!! Sometimes I mean to hit the a and I hit the s. I have fat fingers or something :)

But I love my iPhone--best gadget ever!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I adore my iPhone, but I do not adore the touch screen keyboard. I have lost my ability to test at the speed of light and don't see msyelf every being fast at it. :( Oh well! It's worth it to have an iPhone. :)

I think I am lucky w/ my phone bill be $74. I think that is on the low end for a full data package. Granted, I only have 400 anytime minutes because I really do not talk on the phone much and when I do talk on the phone, it's usually to other verizon users!

Stephany said...

EVERYONE mentions the keyboard as their main (and usually, only) annoyance with the iPhone. It makes me so nervous to get one because I like the keypad on my Blackberry so much. Typing is so easy!

Nora said...

I just got the iPhone this week since my service was so crap in the area and while I had a touch screen before, I had this thing called swype technology, which basically meant I could swype the letters I wanted, rather than having to tap each one. Adjusting to the iPhone has been tough as a result but I do love it! Though I'm sure I really don't utilize it to it's max potential...!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Snake on the phone!! I totally remember that! I would play it anytime I was bored.

marisol said...

I've been an iphone user since they first came out and the more you use it, the easier it is to get used to the keyboard. I see people typing with one finger at a time and it drives me nuts. I use both of my thumbs and it works well for me.

Anonymous said...

Haha oh man I remember the days of being on the phone for hours and hours with friends talking about absolutely nothing. Those where the days!