Monday, June 27, 2011

Checkin' in!

Hey guys! How ya doin??

I have been reading your posts, I swear! So far everyone has been having a great summer and I am so jealous! ;)

This is my last week for the first mini session of classes, but it is also the time where I have three classes at once. Holy, mother of ... (expletive) this is intense and I must have been ca-raaaz-y to do this to myself.

Actually, up until today I was feeling okay.

Boring, busy and lame, because I do nothing but study, but, ok in general.

All my classes were clearing solid A's and things were looking good. Then I get a paper back today that is worth 10% of my grade... I got a 90%. Which, I know. I know. It's a good grade, but according to her grading scale it's a B.

According to the rubric I did not apply my research findings to specific teaching context. Oh, and she also was super picky about things like contractions in the paper. I didn't realize that using the word "we're" and "they're" in a grad paper was frowned upon. Oops. Now that I think about it, that does make sense and probably made my writing look very sloppy.

Hopefully between the rest of the assignments due this week and the final on Thursday I can keep my A, which is 93% or better.

On the bright side I have made a new friend! Finally, in my third semester of grad school I have found a girl that I really connect with and have began to hang out with more. "Hanging out" right now is study groups and preparing for presentations, but that's okay!

Well, I'm going to get back to studying. I have a huge project due on Wednesday and I have to ace it if I want to keep my A. :)

Hope everyone is having a great week! I've missed you all!


4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Hang in there! I know the feeling of being super overwhelmed! I hope you get to enjoy part of your summer! You def have had an intense one thus far!! :P

Anonymous said...

Geez sounds intense! I'm sure you'll pull through though just hang in there :)

Mandy said...

Yikes, that does sound intense. Good luck with the next big project!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Good luck! I'm sure you can get the A!!!