Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My favorite part of my closet...

It's getting colder here and that means I get to pull out one of my favorite sections of my wardrobe.

OUTERWEAR!!!

I have a slight obsession with coats, scarves, hats, mittens... all of it! I just love it! I don't know where it came from or why but I have bought at least one or two coats each season since I was a freshman in college.

Here are the coats I regularly wore last year and will probably wear this year too. I'm missing one of my favorites that I wear ALL THE TIME because I accidentally left it at work. :( I probably wouldn't have pictured it here anyway because once I got in the car the morning I wore it I noticed it had a stain on it, so it will be taking a trip to the dry cleaners very soon.

So, without further ado...


This is one of my favorites. I have had it for over 5 years now and I get complimented on it every time I wear it. I don't wear it too often though because it's white! Scary! I get it dry cleaned at the beginning of each winter and they put a scotch guard on it that usually keeps it clean all season. Isn't it gorgeous? Great for dressing up a little bit!

Just your basic black coat! It's a size too big so it's perfect over big, bulky sweaters but I always feel huge when I wear it.

I have been in love with this jacket since I got it... when I was 16! Can you believe it?? I have had this jacket over TEN YEARS! It's a beautiful suede and looks great with some sexy high heels and jeans for a night out on the town with the girls! I bought this coat when I was working at Wilson's, The Leather Experts, which, by the way, I quit the wrong way! Ha! I will tell you all about it another time.

This is one of two coats that I bought at the end of the season last year. I had been eyeing it all winter but didn't agree with the price tag (Hey, I was a fashion major, and I know how to play this game. I rarely pay retail.) Finally, the price went down to something that I felt I could get along with ($30, I think. Score!) and I snatched this baby up! I'm not sure if I will wear it very often though, I like longer coats better.

This coat is by Libertine for Target and I fell in love with it at first sight! Luckily, I got a good deal on this one too because honestly, I loved it too much to risk not buying it right away. It didn't photograph very well though, trust me it's so cute in person. It looks great with these red shoes that I wear all the time. It's not warm though, it's more of a spring jacket but I could get away with it for a couple more weeks.

I also got this little thing at the end of the season last year at Von Maur. It is by Steve Madden and I can't remember when I bought it for, but I know it was CHEAP. It's seriously my new favorite though, it's adorable! You can't really tell in the picture but the bottom part (below the belt) is pleated! It sort of looks like a little dress, haha! Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but definitely mine! I know I will get lots of use out of this one this winter.

I haven't dug out my mittens, gloves, hats and scarves yet but I will soon! :) Usually I buy a few new pairs of all that stuff each year. I'm also on the hunt for a couple pairs of new snow boots. I want a practical (i.e. ugly) pair for traveling to and from work and to take Zeke out. Then I would like a pair to wear to work over my jeans. I have not been able to get away with that trend, but I'm going to try really hard to do it this year. I'm really short and I feel like it just makes me look like a big stump. Does that even make sense? That's what I feel like though.

What is your favorite section in your wardrobe?

PS: I am LOVING all your feedback to yesterdays post! I don't want any of you to think that I haven't quit the wrong way. I SO have. I'm going to do a long post in response to all of your comments, so look for it tomorrow night! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I am loving all of those! I am wanting a winter white coat but too scared to get one. Hope your having a great vacation! = )

Jamie said...

I love all your coats :) I have a slight obsession with outerwear too. I own waaayyy too many scarves!

Sttacia said...

I especially LOVE the Steve Madden pleated coat. I can't wait to move back to the Midwest so that I am able to start needing cute and fun outwear.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Fun! I love them all!

I also have a bit of an obsession with outerwear. BUT it is cold here like 8 months of the year so I feel my obsession is warranted.

My fave coat is either the longer black jacket I bought last night at J.Crew or a winter white pea coat that I also adore. I Love white!

CIP said...

I love that last one!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love bringing out the coats!!!

Amber said...

Try boots with a bit of a heel to go over your jeans - that might work better since you're shorter.

I LOVE fall wear - cute coats, scarves, boots etc. But it gets SO cold here and I'm not looking forward to that at all! Haha

Jennay and Luke the Pup said...

I love your black coats and the black/white one. I finally bought a nice black coat this year (even though I don't really need it). I have never lived in a place where coats are necessary. The only time I needed a super warm coat was when I headed to the mountains for snowboarding...and a cute Roxy or Volcom snowboarding jacket would do that job.

I love this post!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I too have an outerwear obsession and I live in Florida where I hardly ever get to wear them. Ah ha