Monday, May 18, 2009

Just another maaaaaanic Mondaaaaay!

Today was one craaaazy day. I am definitely a "Monday hater" and today was no different.

I felt a little off today because I usually open on Mondays and today I closed. Which sucks because I have missed Gossip Girl, DWTS and THE BACHELORETTE!!! Gasp!! I will have to watch them online! ;)

Mondays are the days I have to do my audits, write the schedule, do the ordering...etc, etc, etc. On top of everything else we have SIX open management positions within my market (there are three stores) and that is A LOT! My boss is about to go nuts because she's about to go on maternity leave (she's due June 7th) and it's her first time being away from the company for a significant amount of time in ten years. OMG, SIX positions, it's not good.

My store has one position open. So, I'm definitely not hurting as bad.

I've been doing a lot of recruiting and networking in my mall and it seems like everyone is looking for the same position to fill. Big sigh...

A few days ago I posted an ad on Craigslist about the position and did not list the name of the store or the store's phone number, just mine. Well, I guess we're not allowed to do that. I don't really understand why, I mean that is just silly! But... I got two interviews set up tomorrow with possible candidates so hopefully it did me a little good!

Then tonight as we're getting ready to leave the alarm starts going on off and won't stop. It was the sensor alarm at the front door and started going off before we had even gotten to the door. No idea why... for the next 20 minutes we tried to figure out what was going on. No luck. Finally I had to switch the breaker for it so it would stop going off!

So... that was my day. Pretty crazy! Keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow goes smoother! :) I'm planning to start running again and hoping to get up and out there tomorrow morning. I have a new strategy to get me through it... I'm going to put an audio book on my iPod and listen to is while I run! I mean, audiobooks get me through long car rides, so why wouldn't it get me through a nice long run too?! LOL! I will let you know if it actually works...

Hope your weeks started off better than mine!

3 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man, I think it would be hard to run to an audio book. I need fast music or I just give up lol

Hope tomorrow goes better!

Pursuit of Matching Accessories said...

Hmm... I've seriously considered listening to an audiobook as I run, but I like to run in like a cadence... my feet matches the beat of the music. Ok, this is super nerdy, but in high school I would literally put military cadences on my iPod and run to that, because the beat was so great... and most of them were pretty motivating! haha. But let me know how the audiobook goes. I can see doing that while walking, though, for sure.

Shoshanah said...

I hope your interviews went well and you've found someone to hire. You would think with the way the economy has been it would be easier to find someone