Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Who's in need of a vacation??

I. am. so. sick. of. winter.

I need flip flops, sun, sand, beach, sunglasses and a tan. I know, I live in Iowa and finding all of that is hard (unless I visit a dirty, gross lake!) so I will settle with just flip flops, sun, sunglasses and a tan! I've even started tanning at the salon to try and look like I've got that sun kissed glow!

This winter has really given the Midwest a beating, a long beating. We have had snow on the ground since November! I may be exaggerating just a little bit... but I know it's pretty close to right.

Three of my closest friends are on vacation RIGHT NOW. It's really depressing me because I'm itching to go somewhere!!

One friend is in Vegas for her hubby's birthday. Another friend is in Miami just to get away and soak up some sun. My roommate left for Ireland today for a two week vacation with her mom for her 30th birthday. Yes, she will be in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day. I'm green with envy -- haha, pun intended.

Since I just started my new job I will not be eligible for vacation until September. At that time I will have to take two weeks vacation, 40 hours of sick time and two personal days and am only allowed to take them during the months of September, October, or January. If I don't I will lose it all. That's a lot!

I'm thinking I will take a week in September and a week in January. Then sprinkle in the sick and personal days throughout the rest.

Now, I just have to figure out what I want to do in September.... by then I will be going out of my mind wanting to go SOMEWHERE!! Ha!

1 comment:

Shoshanah said...

I agree, not having the summer off is no fun. Two weeks does not seem like near long enough for a year's worth of vacation. Aren't there some European countries that get months off? We should move there!