Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I feel complete again...

I have finally, FINALLY got my computer back! I'm so super excited, it's pretty pathetic how happy a piece of machinery is making me.

Last night I lugged my Macbook into Apple and told them I would like to have it sent off to replace to the logic board. I was fully aware that it would cost an estimated $800 to replace it. The "Genius" at Apple looked at me like I was a moron and asked me if I was really sure that was what I wanted to do considering the same models were now on sale for $999 (I paid $1299).
To make a long story short he convinced me to buy a new computer. Originally I didn't want to do it because I was worried I would have to repurchase all the programs I had on my laptop, like Microsoft Office. I also may or may not have been worried about my widgets on my dashboard...
The Genius assured me that all files, programs, iTunes, pictures and widgets would be easily transferred over to the new computer. I would also be getting an upgraded model (mainly just more RAM), a year warranty AND a free printer (after rebate), all for only $200 more than what I was planning on spending! PLUS... the Geniuses told me to put my old laptop on Ebay and it would probably sell for at least $200! Score!

Now, all I really want is this... so cute!

3 comments:

Lesli said...

Amber, I have the pink hard shell for my Mac, too!! Did you notice that Becky Bloomwood also had it for her Mac in the movie? Anyhoo--glad you are back in action and I loved all those pictures from your girls' weekend that you put on Facebook--looked like so much fun and I loved your outfit. Were you at the Melting Pot? Off to watch season finale of Real Wives of OC!

Amber said...

Oh that is SO cute. I'm not a Mac girl myself but I could always purchase a case like that for my Toshiba... Haha

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Lesli, I did notice! I so want one and I will probably end up buying it. I just couldn't justify another $50 when I'm jobless...
Thanks for the picture compliment! It was a great weekend!

Amber, I think everything pink would be A-Ok with us! :)