Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009 Academy Awards... my picks!



I'm super pumped for the Oscars tonight! I love the glamour, the fashion and the excitement of it all!

Here are my favorite categories and my picks for the winner:

Actor in a leading role: Brad Pitt in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. This was a fabulous movie! I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt, but he did a tremendous job in this movie. The first half was a little iffy for me, but it got so much better!

Actor in a lead supporting role: Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Doubt: I love Phillip in just about everything he does. He's such a versatile actor!

Actress in a leading role: Kate Winslet in The Reader. This was a tough choice for me as I'm also a huge fan of Anne Hathaway. If either actresses take the win, I would be happy. :)


Actress in a lead supporting role
: Amy Adams in Doubt. Amy Adams is just fabulous. She's so cute and spunky. She can do just about any female role and pull it off!

Animated Feature Film: Bolt. I haven't seen it, but I have to vote for my girl Miley Cyrus! :)

Costume Design: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The clothing and all the colors were just beautiful!

Makeup: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Do we see a trend here... ? Ha ha!

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing this film yet, but have heard great things about it and think its going to take the statue home tonight!

There you have it! My picks for all my favorite categories!



****UPDATE*****
I saw Slumdog Millionaire last night and LOVED it! So good, definitely deserving of all those Oscars it earned!! :)

No comments: