Monday, January 26, 2009

Unemployment?


I'm slowly talking myself into applying for unemployment. I know it's not anything I should feel ashamed about. It's not my fault that I am losing my job. As a taxpayer I am entitled to be on unemployment until I find a new job. It's just hard for me to build up enough courage to do it. I don't like taking hand-outs and this is what it feels like I'm doing.
I'm a little bummed today because I didn't get the job I had been interviewing for -- again. How many times does this have to happen to me? I have been turned down a lot lately, and it's really making me feel bad about myself.
I was so excited because they had been calling all my references, even two today! Then the same day they turn me down. They told me everything was great and that I was a phenomenal candidate, they just found someone with more experience.
So, I guess I'm going to probably file for unemployment until I do find something.
I'm still looking into going back to school. Can I go back to school and be on unemployment? I need to work while I'm in school, cause... well, I need money! This is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever been through. I'm praying for all of you struggling out there with this recession and those of you looking for work. I'm definitely feeling your pain.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't get down on yourself because you're in need of unempployment...it is so not your fault that in you're in the situation that you're in...be good to yourself and treat yourself with kid gloves... love your blog -come visit mine!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Thank you so much! I will definitely stop by your blog today, thank you for stopping by mine and for the words of encouragement!

Valley Girl said...

Dude, do it! Let's be unemployed together!

Molly said...

Oh hunnie, as someone in the same boat, I totally understand. Apply for unemployment. I went through the "I suck" emotions, but in the end, it's a part of our lives we just have to get through. And the income coming in while you job search seriously helps.

Best of luck in your search! xoxo

sameer said...


I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.

Sport4al7l.blogspot.com
DOUG WRIGHT HOLLAND KNIGHT
KAWKAB7.BLOGSPOT.COM