Friday, December 16, 2011

It's not Christmas without Alvin, Simon and Theodore




My favorite song around the holidays has always been the Chipmunks Christmas song - I can still remember my mom playing the record (yes, the record from the 60s) when we were kids. My parents had a turntable and always played records. (I wonder where all those records are now? I'm going to find out...)

Does anybody else remember this record? Please tell me I'm not the only one.




Another Christmas favorite? This calendar.

For as long as I can remember my mom put this calendar out in December and every. single. morning. before school there would be a fight over "who got to move the mouse."

Today there is an intense fight over who GETS this calendar passed down to them.

My mom has recently released the information that ... the daughter that gives her the first grandchild will get it.

And grand-dogs don't count.

Talk about pressure! Sneaky, Mom. Reeeaaaal sneaky. Also? Not the reason you want your children to procreate I assume. (I kid, I kid).

(sort of).

What is something random about the holidays that you love?

9 comments:

Erica said...

Go on and get having some kids - you SO need that calendar! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That calendar is awesome! So cool! We always had the paper ones w/ the door that you opened each day, and us 5 kids would fight over who got to open the door!

The something random I love... Well, this is gross, but on Christmas Eve, we have seafood, which includes a tray of different seafood appetizers, like oysters (yum), sardines (ick), pickled herring (ick), and kipper snacks (yum). I love the oysters and kipper snacks (which is basically a smoked fish) but I know most would find this disgusting!!

Nora said...

I remember that record!!!! We had it too. =) And we had a Mickey Mouse Christmas record which was my favorite ever. My mom used to wake us up to that record, until we are nine or ten. Is it wrong that sometimes Christmas makes me miss being a kid?

Something random... we open one present just before we go to bed on Christmas Eve. And then on Christmas Day we each take turns, opening one present at a time... it takes us a really long time that way but we love it. Makes the day and the joy last that much longer!

Lesli said...

I love, love, love Fruitcake--and I know most people hate it! Also, Lisa, I really like sardines, oysters & pickled herring!

Beth Dunn said...

I love The Nutcracker (the music)
xoxo
SC

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love the original chipmunks songs!

Anonymous said...

I love Alvin & the Chipmunks!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

We still have that album (yes, the vinyl one!) somewhere! "We've been good, but we can't wait, please Christmas, don't be late!!" I loved it!

We always eat dinner together on Christmas eve and open one gift each. On Christmas day, we still do stockings, even though there are no little kids. Then we have breakfast, and then we open presents. We try to make it stretch as long as we can! We don't want it to be over!

Marisa A. said...

OMG I love the Chipmunks Christmas Album! I still want a hoola hoop....