Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Today I have decided to participate in Ten on Tuesday!

Kara and Lisa do this each week and each week I think, "Maybe I should start doing the 'Ten on Tuesday' to add some consistency to my blog and hold myself accountable... Hmmm...?" Ha!

1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re spluging?

On an average day I take a little non-dairy creamer and maaaaybe some sugar. Just depends on how much of a hurry I'm in. Grabbing my coffee is usually the last thing I do before heading out the door. If I'm splurging I get a tall non-fat sugar free caramel latte. Mmm, yum!

2. What is your genre of books to read?

I read many different genres... my favorite being chic lit. I also like some YA books, some mystery books, American History books (especially books about US Presidents and First Ladies) and biographries.

3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?

To the beach! I would love to retire to Myrtle Beach or Charleston, South Carolina. I luuuurve the beach.

4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?

Hmm... When I was 17 I thought I was going to be a famous journalist someday so I probably would have chosen some sort of speech on creative writing or writing as a form of therapy.

5. What word describes you best?

Sweet. I don't know if it's true, but that's what everyone says I am. ;)

6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)

Our annual "Friends Weekend" at the lake. Next weekend! I am super pumped for it. Hopefully we have a boat though... We just recently got hit with a horrible storm and my friends pontoon boat AND speedboat got trashed. The pontoon got flipped and was sitting UPSIDE DOWN in the lake. YIKES!

7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?

I'm a very empathetic person and the type that can usually always see another person's point of view, so I usually don't argue my point too much but would rather learn from the other person. I throw in my tid bits but wouldn't usually start "arguing" my point of view.

8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?

Hmm... as long we're all still working only 40 hours a week, throw in that extra day!

9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?

Red and gold... can anyone guess why?! ;)

10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?

Well, well, well... since I DO want to be a teacher this is a no-brainer! ;) I want to teach special education but that isn't set in stone yet. Other than that I would LOVE to teach reading. Teaching a child to read and love books as much as I do would be a dream come true for me!

2 comments:

Lesli said...

Next weekend at the lake?? July 31st weekend?? Or weekend after???
Remember me coming down on Saturday!!

Jamie said...

Chic lit is my fave too :) I think people would describe me as sweet too :)