Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hot wings and first dates.

Last night some friends of mine wanted to go check out the new Buffalo Wild Wings that just opened up here in Des Moines, so we got a group of us together and headed out for a nice little Tuesday of wings and beer! Do you like wings? I loooooove buffalo wings, the hotter the better.

If you like chain restaurants, BWW is the place to get 'em. They have tons of different wing sauces to suit your tastebuds!

The hottest is called Blazin' and the second hottest, which is what I get, is called Wild. I only had a few wings because I had already eaten dinner and just those few had my mouth on fire!

Last night on Twitter I mentioned that a friend of mine was trying to set me up with her friend, Golf. Yes, I have already nicknamed him. I nickname all prospective dates, mainly so I can discuss with my girlfriends while being discreet. :)

Several of you commented back on my recent dating experiences and Gina at Hiyaluv even suggested changing my blog to an adventures in dating blog! Ha! I thought that was cute.

Well, Golf is a guy we know from the nursing home, he does the same job I do only full time. He asked for my number last week and has been texting me a little bit so I was looking forward to hanging out with him outside of work!

We had a great time and didn't want to go home! Golf and my friend drove together so she, not so nochalantly, suggested I ride with them to drop her off so that he and I could get to know each other better. Little did I know that this would double his driving time! On the way back to my car he kept promising that he didn't mind because he knew I felt bad. Then we ended up sitting outside of our cars talking until 2:30am! Don't you love it when that stuff happens? I don't know if you would consider last night a date, but if it was, it was definitely a fun one! Finally, someone that gives me some butterflies! (and finaaaaaaly Cy is no longer the last guy I haved kissed. Thank you, God).

This girlfriend of mine also works for me one night a week and tonight is that night. Ususally we end up at Fridays or Old Chicago after work, so this week we decided to invite Golf and he said yes! So, I get to see him again tonight. I'm really excited! He's also agreed to teach me how to golf (which is where his nickname came from) on Sunday. I have never golfed before, besides one time at the driving range or miniature golfing. I have always wanted to learn but I'm not naturally good at sports so this should be interesting!

The only hiccup with this guy is he is younger than me. Not just a little younger either, he's FOUR YEARS younger than me. My gut feeling is telling me to get over it, but I can't help it. It's still bothering me. I am 28, he is 24. I was actually shocked when I found out he was under 25. My friend thinks I need to get over it... I agree with her. Or I think I'm just going to start lying about my age. Most people are shocked when they find out I am 28, so I know I can pass for 24 or 25....

Would you ever date someone younger? At what age does the year we are born begin to no longer matter?

19 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

R is 3 years younger than me. In the beginning it use to really bother me but now I don't even think about it.
That's so great that you've met someone who gives you butterflies!

Sam said...

Aw, yay for butterflies! Right now, I wouldn't date someone younger than me (unless it was one year) but that is because I'm 22. I think I'm at an awkward age to be dating someone younger than me. But 24 and 28 doesn't sound strange to me at all. My parents are 4 years apart! Can't wait to hear more about Golf!

Suz said...

Yay! Beginnings are so exciting! Four years isn't that bad...If he was 22 or younger I would say watch out because I think you are in for a lot of changes in personality values, and beliefs in your late teens/early 20s, but 24 isn't bad. As long as you are on the same page as to what you are looking for, I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

ahhh so glad you have butterflies!!! Arent they they best!? I dont think the younger thing should be a factor. I have dated younger before, and as long as they dont ACT their age, then it should be fine. The only hitch is, is he on the same page as you as far as commitment? I would ask that when you feel the time is right!

SO happy for you!

xo-Molly
www.givinganythingbutup.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

ahhh so glad you have butterflies!!! Arent they they best!? I dont think the younger thing should be a factor. I have dated younger before, and as long as they dont ACT their age, then it should be fine. The only hitch is, is he on the same page as you as far as commitment? I would ask that when you feel the time is right!

SO happy for you!

xo-Molly
www.givinganythingbutup.wordpress.com

Kara said...

Yay for dates! I haven't dated in so long, I live through all the people who do, lol! I would suck in the dating world today.

I don't think age is much of an issue these days, but I definitely wouldn't date anyone younger than 21, (I'm 24). That being said, I don't think I'd date someone that young if I were 35. Maybe a 5-year swing? I have no idea!

Lesli said...

Well, I MARRIED someone 6 years younger, so I also say "get over it"! In many ways, age is just a number & if you find someone that you click with & that you have chemistry with, you need to hold onto that & not ruin it with thoughts of age difference!

Remind to tell you my real age when I see you on Saturday!! My real age, not my fake age. :-)

We have Buffalo Wild Wings all over Minnesota & Wisconsin and not surprisingly I don't like them--hee!
Because I don't like sports bar atmospheres & I don't eat wings.

Jac said...

The age thing--- I get why you are hung up but I also agree you need to get over it. My husband is 2.5 years younger than me-- which means he is current 28 (a month from 29) and I am 31. I wouldn't lie; I wish the age difference was the other way around. But, ultimately, it is not a big deal.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

age isn't a big deal.

P said...

My ex from a few years ago was a year younger than me, and the guy I went on one date with last year before he went back to his ex was 3 years younger than me. It wouldn't have bothered me - I act and look younger than I am anyway!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

This is just fan-freaking-tastic!! Yea for you! Such a great sign that you talked for so long and had such great chemistry!

I think you should put the age difference aside. You obviously have plenty to talk about so I wouldn't let the age thing bother you. no, it might not be ideal, but oh well. My friend actually dated a guy that is younger than us. I think he is 3-4 years younger? But it works. I forget that he is younger, actually!

hiyaluv said...

girl! i am excited to hear that things went really well with this gentlemen caller:) If it makes you feel better-my fiance is 11.5 years OLDER than me. Sometimes he says I drive him nuts because he feels like I am such a child but then other times I think he likes that I am younger because I keep me "young" and encourage him to let loose. Age is really just a number. If you hit it off, don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy the company. And the important question that Really matters-is he a good kisser?

good golly-i hope he doesn't find your blog! :)ha!

smiles,
gina

hiyaluv said...

oops-i said i keep me young but what i meant was i keep HIM young!

hiyaluv said...

oops-i said i keep me young but what i meant was i keep HIM young!

Heather said...

I agree with everyone.....after a certain age the age difference really doesnt matter. That is unless you are 28 and he is 18...thats a little weird.

Amber said...

Yay! So excited for you!!

I definitely think you should just put the age thing aside. Age doesn't matter when there is good chemistry, right?! Right!

Can't wait to hear more :)

Jessica said...

dating blogs are awesome.. I used to follow this onr guy who had the greatest stories Dating without Pants.. he closed his.. but dating blogs are great.. Love your blog.. and all the best in your adventures in dating.. :)

Shoshanah said...

I can't say I've ever tried the hottest sauces at BWW. I normally still with a honey bbq type one or teriyaki.

As for dating younger guys, my younger brother actually dated a girl older than me. (So she was dating a younger guy.) It seemed a little weird to me that my brother was dating a girl older than me (but only by a few months), but as far as I know it was never an issue between the two of them.

Anonymous said...

I think that it isn't about age and it's about finding the right person. However, I like me an older man! ;)