- I am currently blogging from the classroom, so my current wine is noisy 8th graders that are supposed to be working quietly so they can earn time to work in pairs... they're getting a rough start...
- Profs that grade harsh and take points off for silly, ridiculous things because (I think) they don't want to give out perfect scores.
- My practicum teacher gave me 50 points out of a possible 56 on my experience and performance. She didn't explain why. In the comments she said that with more experience in the room I will make a good teacher and am a very positive person. What about those 6 points though? How come I didn't earn those? I did 120% of my required hours and did everything she asked and even asked for more. I was flexible and pushed myself out of my comfort zone (yeah, I was a little upset). My grade is teetering between an A and a B. I have a 94% in the class and am waiting on my 100 point final to be graded. I'm almost positive I aced it, but there's still 5% of me that thinks, mayyyyybe I didn't. I need a 93% for an A. Fingers crossed for me?
- I'm also wining because, Hello! This was a Foundations of Education class and shouldn't I need more experience in the classroom? I would really like an explanation of those missed points and not just a "needs more experience in the classroom". Of course I need more experience in the classroom!
- I have some how developed allergies as an adult and my eyes are burning, my nose is stuffed up and my throat hurts. It sucks.
- My sister and I have been searching for a 2-3 bedroom house to rent and have been failing miserably. There's not much that we're interested in, and the market is competitive so they go quick!
- I'm loving that summer has seemed to arrive in Iowa for a couple days this week. Tuesday and Wednesday were downright HUMID. Two friends of mine even went to the "beach" (Big Creek) and laid out to catch some rays. I was so sad to not be able to join them.
- I love that a friend of a friend competed in the Adam Emmenecker challenge at Jethro's that has been featured on Man vs. Food and he WON! He was the 7th person to complete the challenge, which is 5 lbs of meat and a ton of fries eaten in under 15 minutes. I'm thinking about doing a post about later this week or next. The pictures are hilarious.
- I love that I can wear sandals now and show off my pink toenails! I will only wear sandals to some districts (and jeans), but still! It's sandal season! YES!
- I love book signings. There, I said it. (As if you all didn't already know that). I don't know why I like them so much. I guess it's because after reading a book I have fallen in love with, I want to meet the person that created it! I haven't been to a signing that I didn't love. Yes, I'm a nerd.
- I'm loving that I have found more Des Moines area bloggers! Like this one and this one. Can't wait to get to know them! I have also made my Twitter public now so I can connect with more local Iowans! And, if you're not an Iowan, that's ok! Follow me anyway!
- I love that I have more time to read. My stack of books is out of control!
- I love that in three of my four classes I have A's so far!