Saturday, May 28, 2011

When you were mine by Elizabeth Noble

I have a confession to make. I judge books by their covers and titles. I can't help it. If I see a book with an interesting cover and/or title I instantly want to read it. Don't we all? I mean, isn't that what catchy titles and eye catching covers are for?

When I first saw When you were mine, I knew I wanted to read it. Then I noticed it was by Elizabeth Noble, and she's been an author in TBR pile for quite a while.

I received this book from Crazy Book Tours the week before finals. I was worried I wouldn't have time to finish it before having to mail it to the next person because of studying, but I was able to!

Not without a teensy, tiny bit of struggle though.

There were moments in the book that seemed to drag on and on for me. The plots been done. Many, many times, so what really kept me going was what Elizabeth Noble was going to do with the end.

The book is about a girl and a boy who were childhood sweethearts and also about the girls best friend. What's a women's modern literature book without a significant best friend?

Like most couples like this, they had an intense first love, but the relationship didn't survive the tumultuous college years. For years they thought about each other, and even many years after breaking up they still thought of each other. When they're both around age 40, they see each other at a wedding. Of course they still have feelings for each other and begin to wonder what if. Despite being in relationships with other people, they forge forward...

If you want to know what they forge forward with, you're going to have to pick up the book. This book is realistic and extremely logical. As much as you hurt for the protagonist and want this person to be happy, you know deep down things happen the way they would have happened in real life.

This was the first book I have read by Elizabeth Noble, and I don't think it will be the last.


3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have read a coule of Elizabeth Noble's book. I can't remember which ones, but I think one has the word alphabet in the title? i am too lazy to look it up! I liked the books I've read by her so far!

Lesli said...

I might want to read this book!

And i totally judge a book by its cover! I think there is nothing wrong with that--it is all marketing and the people who do the book covers must know what kind of cover will attract which readers!

Miss Oakley said...

Today I went to the library and wondered around looking for nothing in particular. I started taking things off the bookshelves based on how awesome the cover was. So yes, I too judge a book by it's cover.