Monday, May 20, 2013

Moments Marked in Time Forever...



Good morning!

This weekend was one of those epic, whirlwind weekends where there is so much good going on, you can barely contain your excitement and might just burst!

On Saturday my best friend had her bachelorette party and then the next day was supposed to be her engagement party. Instead, she surprised everyone with the actual wedding! Then, later that day, I graduated from Drake University with my Master's in Teaching!

Us girls at her backyard bbq bachelorette party - it was so perfect and relaxed! 

You might be asking why my friend decided to get married three months early (and no, she's not pregnant!). The wedding planning was quickly growing into something she did not originally vision, so she took control and did it the way they originally wanted it to be. What she did was so admirable, and I love how she kept what was important, important and remained true to herself. It was such a beautiful day and it reminded me that things like a cake, flowers, pretty dresses and rings are nice, but they're not most important on the day you say vows to the person you spend the rest of your life with.


The happy couple sealing the deal!

All of us girls before the ceremony

 Someone took some pictures for me... :)

I am a girl, so of course I think about my wedding day, and this wedding got me really thinking about what my priorities would be when I plan my wedding.

Later that day, my boyfriend, parents and I headed to the Knapp Center at Drake University to watch me receive my Master's in Teacher. I was not sure I wanted to sit through the ceremony and walk, but I am really glad I did. It is such a relief to be done and feels so good to have worked so hard. I have met almost all of my goals (including that coveted 4.0 grade point average!) and am so proud of myself!


 Just before walking across the stage!


Couldn't have done it without the love and support of my amazing parents.

Bill and I, after the ceremony

Hopefully now that school is done and all I have going on is subbing, working at the agency and job searching, I will find my blogging mojo again and be back regularly! We'll see. Only time will tell. 

How was your weekend? Tell me what you did or something that you are really looking forward to happening soon!



13 comments:

Lisa (@PixelatedMama) said...

Congrats grad! :)

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

That's such an awesome suprise wedding story, beautiful pics!

And a HUGE congrats on getting your Masters and with a 4.00 no less! That's an amazing accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Love the surprise wedding! And congrats!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love the surprise wedding! I know of someone else that did a very impromptu wedding and they are so glad that they did. I think people do tend to get too caught up in all the details and while I do want to have a traditional wedding with my family present, I am going to try to keep things simple when/if my day comes.

And CONGRATS on graduation ESPECIALLY with a 4.0! That is amazing, chica! Way to go you!!

Let's see... my weekend was epically boring. My highlight was going to Target, the grocery store, and church. And I skyped with Stephany on Sunday which was great. I may not have local friends but at least I have far away friends to chat with! So that's something. I am looking forward to having the CFA behind me as i am SO burned out on studying.

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay congrats on graduating!!! Wahoo :) I didn't walk at my masters graduation and I don't regret it because I had a lot going on at the time, but I think it's definitely something big worth celebrating!

I love how your calmed down life is still pretty crazy haha. Keep us updated on the job search!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Congratulations!

Amber said...

That is a crazy weekend! I LOVE that your friend did that for her wedding. So awesome. As much as I loved my wedding day I wish the whole thing had been way more low-key. Oh hindsight!

Amber said...

PS: CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your masters. So so proud of you! I remember when you started this crazy journey and now you're DONE!! Can't wait to hear what's next for you :-)

Stephany said...

Congrats, Amber! That is such a HUGE accomplishment - so proud of you!! Also, this year is FLYING by. I feel like you JUST started your final student teaching experiences. Geez.

I love the surprise wedding, too! I definitely want to keep things simple for my own wedding but I tend to get lost in the details so I worry I'd get caught up in it all! Such a neat idea to just make the bachelorette party the wedding!

Shoshanah said...

The surprise wedding is such a fun idea! I don't know that I could do it, since I think the unplanned part of it would really get to me. But I could see what a relief it would be to just not to have it to worry about anymore.

And congrats on your Masters! It crazy to think I was reading your blog back when you were still working and thinking of going back to school, and now here you are! Congrats and I can't wait to see where you are at this time next year. (And in a way your photos are making me wish I walked for my Masters, but I really didn't want to at the time.)

Mandy said...

Huge congratulations friend!

I love that your friend had a surprise wedding. If I ever get married, it will something similar or just the two of us. Wedding planning is overwhelming, costly and I just don't have the brain or desire for it.

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Congrats! That's awesome! You graduated with a 4.0!?! You rock. I love your friend and have always thought that if I got married, I would forgo all the planning and just do it. There is so much stress (and money) over a lot of material things!

Anonymous said...

So sweet of you to write about my wedding! I loved it! (The blog post AND our super secret surprise wedding.) You're the best! Congrats on making it through your Master's program!