Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Every weekend should be a blogger weekend. Period.

Friday morning I headed 3 1/2 hours north to Minneapolis, MN to meet up with two of my favorite bloggers ever. These are two bloggers that never get missed in my reader. I wait for their posts, and do my best to read them and comment each and every day.

You know what kind of bloggers I am talking about, right?

I had met Lisa earlier this spring for a book signing in Minneapolis, but we didn't get to spend a significant amount of time together, so I was looking forward to spending an entire weekend with her.

(Lisa and I eating our sweet corn ice cream with bacon on top at the MN State Fair)

I had never met Amber in person... and I was equal parts nervous and excited! I first started reading Amber in 2008, back when she was still Amber Alert! I'm pretty sure we found each other through Jessica, back when she was still Classy in Philly. Now she is a wonderful book blogger, Cover to Cover!

(Amber and I with giant pickles! So yum and probably the only veggie we had there...)

Of course we had plenty of conversation about blogs, bloggers, comments... etc... when Amber and I got to wondering where my first comment was on her blog. She said she couldn't find it, so I mentally filed a note in my head to look when I got home and... look what I found... Lesli and I's comments, back to back! I'm not positive it's the first comment, but it's definitely one of the first...

I think this blog post was a 25 things about me post inspired by the Facebook meme that went around for awhile. Remember that?

Also, how fitting that my first blog friend (Lesli) was there and that it was about the color pink!

::rolls eyes::

Thank goodness that phase of my life is over and I no longer have everything in pink and a Hello Kitty themed bathroom.

Did you know I had a Hello Kitty bathroom?

Yep and no, I was not 10 years old. I was 25 years old. I am real mature. Ha! I still have the Hello Kitty toaster that a friend gave me for Christmas years ago and I use it everyday (it works, why should I buy a new one? Plus, it doesn't sit on my counter top... lol).

As I used my toaster today I thought to myself, am I going to make Lisa use my HK toaster when she comes to visit??!

Why yes, yes I am.

Hehe, sorry Lisa! You're gonna have a big ol' HK head on your breakfast.

Anyway, I digress.

It was interesting to hear how we all found each other, how we found our favorite blogs and just talking in person about it all in general. I can quickly feel this addiction to meeting bloggers getting stronger and I cannot wait to meet more. I also added TONS of bloggers to my reader. There are so many bloggers that Amber and Lisa talk about and I am positive that if they love them so much, I will too.

I cannot gush enough about these ladies and how wonderful the weekend was! I hope we can get together again soon with more bloggers in Chicago this winter - I am really, really looking forward to it!

Make sure to check out all of Amber's recaps here, here and here. She did an absolutely phenomenal job!

I have definitely added this weekend to one of the best weekends I have ever had, and I already miss both ladies so so so much.

10 comments:

Amber said...

This post totally made me tear up. It's been a stressful morning and I've thought MULTIPLE times that I want to be back in minneapolis. It was such a wonderful, wonderful weekend!!

I WILL see you again soon. That I'm sure of :-)

OH and I love that you found one of your first comments on my blog!!! That's awesome!! Also awesome that you and lesli commented back to back, I had NO idea Lesli had been reading that long!

Suz said...

How cool! I've never met any blog friends in real life, but would love to someday!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay, I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

Becky said...

So wish I could have been there! Winter rumpus for sure!

Miss Oakley said...

Full disclosure...I love Hello Kitty. Maybe I have a couple stuffed animals and a jewelry box that I still use?

Kelly said...

How neat that you got to meet up with other bloggers! Esp at the state fair. I love going to the SC state fair each year and we have a big county fair here too. The funnel cakes are my favorite.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Aw, this was fun to read. That is funny that you found your first comment! We have been reading Amber for close to the same amount of time. Too cool.

I can't wait to see the HK toaster. I would be disappointed if you got somethign else!!! can't wait ot see you again in November!!! :) It was so fun to meet Lesli, too.

Lesli said...

I loved meeting both Lisa and Amber--they were wonderful, and I always love, love, love hanging out with you, my blogging friend turned "in real life" friend!

Mandy said...

LOVE your recap. I loved my weekend in Minneapolis last year and am so glad that you had such a similar experience. Meeting bloggers is amazing and I really treasure those times. I can't wait to meet you and have no doubts that we will get along fabulously!

Shoshanah said...

I'm pretty sure the first time I ever commented on Amber's blog was her 25 favorite things post too! It's a little silly that I remember that, but Amber's comment was the first I ever received on my blog, so I guess that's the reason why it sticks out.