Sunday, September 12, 2010

Priorities...

The first three weeks of class have been... a blur.

Seriously, it feels like a couple of months of activity packed into just one. Not just because of class either. Between work, the new boy and class it's just been a lot. It has definitely confirmed what I already suspected. That instead of working full time and going to school part time, working part time and going to school full time would be ideal considering that is where my priorities are right now.

Take today for example. Its technically my Sunday off, but we have a floorset that is due this week. We typically do them on Sundays because the mall closes early and we can be done by 1am instead of... oh say, 4am? (yuck). So, I had planned on studying the entire day before going in to work at 6pm, that leaves my full time assistant and my part time assistant running the salesfloor during the day.

My full time assistant called in sick today. Leaving just the part time assistant to manage alone.

My first thought? I'm not going in. I have to study. HAVE TO!

Dedication to job? No.

Dedication to studying? Yes.

Pretty simple, right? No. I need money. Job provides money.

That is simple.

Yet, so complex at the same time....

Anyway... enough of that.

My goal is to sub as much as possible. There are three really big school districts in Des Moines and several smaller ones and I plan on applying to all the big ones and maybe a couple smaller ones. Then, I can hopefully work at the nursing home if it fits in my schedule. Between all that and students loans I should be okay - moolah wise. (I know. Student loans. Love 'em and hate 'em)

That's the plan. Fingers crossed the plan works.

Or I win the lottery. That would be even more ideal.

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It sounds like you've got a plan!!! Good luck!