Saturday, January 2, 2010

Starting a New Year!

No, this isn't a New Years resolutions post; although, I do have resolutions this year and that post is coming soon.

My 2010 has started fantastic, yesterday will probably be a day I remember forever and will try to recreate several times.

Cy and I started the day waking up on one of my best friends couch after her New Years Eve party. We passed out early, but only because we started drinking at 5pm for the Insight.com Bowl. We didn't miss the first few minutes of the new year without a kiss though! It was just promptly after that we fell asleep!

So, we woke up around 8am. Waited for my friend to wake up and take us to our car at the bar and then headed back to my apartment to be lazy. We had plans to go to lunch at Chili's so after Cy had a two hour nap and I laid around and read we headed out for lunch.

After lunch we just drove around town doing random things, which I absolutely love! Days without an agenda and just going wherever we feel like are awesome! I love it.

First up, Barnes and Noble. From there we decided to stop (well I would stop) buying new books and would only get books at Half Price Books or Amazon. So, then we had to go to Half Price Books (where I spent $10 on two books). But not after first running through Golf Galaxy, which is in the parking lot of B&N. Cy is a big golfer, he loves it! It was so cute to see him show me which clubs he has, which driver he uses and which bag he would get (because he needs a new one). Just adorable! But then again... everything about him is adorable. ;) (I know, I understand if you're ready to vomit right now).

Then we decided to go to Target because we wanted to buy The Proposal and he wanted to get some headphones for his iPod. After Target he wanted to go to Play It Again Sports which is a used sports equipment store, once we got there we found it was closed. Darn!

After that I decided I wanted to run through the Goodwill store because my sister found a GREAT used vacuum there and I wanted to see if there were more. Of course, there weren't. We didn't stay long because it stunk in there, so we quickly hightailed it out of the Goodwill store.

We were right over by Homemakers, which is a huge furniture store (kind of like Nebraska Furniture Mart) and we walked around for over an hour looking at furniture, trying out couches, mattresses, comparing bedroom sets... etc. Now, I cannot wait to furniture shop with him!

After Homemakers we went to Walmart because Target didn't have headphones he liked (and neither did Walmart). After Walmart we decided we were hungry again, because it was dinner time! So we headed to HyVee to pick something up, but only ended up picking up two Redbox movies and decided we wanted to eat Arby's. So, we got Arby's, headed back to my place and spent the evening at home!

Whew!

Don't you love days like that?

How was the first day of 2010 for you?

8 comments:

P said...

Sounds like a great day! :)

I had a nice relaxing one - woke up on my friend's sofa in the morning, went home and got in bed with my netbook and surfed the net while drinking some lovely Kopparberg cider. And that was pretty much it!

saucyminx410 said...

Days like that are the best! My day involved waking up at 6am with a MASSIVE headache (they call it cham-pain for a reason)popping three tylenol then going back to sleep for several hours. Waking up, peeling our friend Will off our couch and sending him home, the rose parade, blogger. Later we went to Target and Best Buy then to my sister's for game night. It was a nice, laid back day.

Leigh Hutchens Burch said...

Funny - I went to Chili's with my man yesterday, too! Did you do the 2 for $20?

We did, and it was heaven.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I woke up around 11 since I went to bed at 6am. Then I took a shower since I reaked of smoke. Then I made a taco dip, buffalo chicken dip and pulled out the cheeseball. Then settled in for a day of football... Stayed on the couch with friends coming and going all day. Watched The Hangover AGAIN and played apples to apples to end my day around 2:30.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Sounds like a great laid back day! Love those!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

What a great day! It's so fun doing things like that with a boyfriend. Sounds like things are going oh so well between you two - so happy to hear that!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Sounds like a fantastic day! I love day when I can just do whatever and go wherever I want.

I spent the first day of the year cleaning. It was super relaxing, actually. :P

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Test