So, this week I learned:
- Polar bears and penguins do not live together. No matter how many times they are pictured together in movies and books... it is all a lie! They actually live on opposite poles.
- Taking one thing at a time is the best advice ever and I don't know how many times I had to dole out that tiny nugget of wisdom to students stressing out over finals. Seriously. Avoid an ulcer. I hear they're not fun.
- A glass of wine at the end of a long day makes the day about 54203 times better.
- Putting up Christmas decorations is kind of like putting away laundry. It's nice when it's done, but actually doing it is kind of a huge pain in the butt.
- Working out everyday between Thanksgiving and Christmas is not only unrealistic, it's also insane. I skipped one day this week and I am fine with that.
- Putting 1,000 miles on a car in two weeks is a little obnoxious, but hey, I want to drive my new car!
- Leading a book club discussion without having read the book is embarrassing, but at least I had a good excuse. (You try taking six graduate courses, substitute teach 6th graders three days a week and work 15 hours a week with adults with intellectual disabilities. I was busy.)
- Making it until December without turning on your heat in Iowa IS possible.
- Music is a big part of my day. I didn't realize that I almost always have something playing and it's such a big part of my daily mood!
- Pinterest is still addicting (although, I wasn't really doubting that), but can be a great study tool. Really. It is.
- No matter what the law does or does not say, everyone (and I mean everyone) could be classified as ADHD, a person with a learning disability or emotionally disturbed. Services for everyone!
What did YOU learn this week?