Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I love about summer...

... running around in your swimsuit and cover up for days at a time.

... tanlines proving you have spent hours outside.

... never needing to put on socks.

... having sunglasses always on or perched on top of your head.

... cheesy beach reads.

... always smelling of chorinated water or salt water. (Or if you're landlocked like me... lake water)

... campfires at night once the sun goes down.

... s'mores.

... bright pink toenails

... my favorite summer beer, Bud Light Lime.

... grilling out almost every night.

... summer weddings.

... cute, little sundresses.

... not wearing makeup and letting the freckles show.



What do you love about summer?

8 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love your list! I too love the smell of chlorinated water. It always let's me know summer is officially here!

Jessica said...

sweet list..
It snowed here in Alberta..

I heart flipflops and slurpees.. they tell me it is summer.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

This is such a wonderful, conclusive list! I would add:

- Drinking margaritas to stay cool on hot summer days.

- Building sand castles in the sun with my nephews.

- Sipping cocktails on outdoor patios.

Oh how I love summer!

Lesli said...

flip flops, sunscreen that smells like coconuts, toe rings, flirty skirts, grilled shrimp, ice cream, roasting marshmallows, lightning bugs, top down on my convertible, messy ponytails, sunglasses in every color, falling asleep to the sound of a thunderstorm

Jamie said...

I love everything on your list! Yay for summer!

Valerie said...

Yes, I love these things about summer too (especially the pink toenails and cheesy beach reads)! I also love bike rides, outdoor dinners, living in flip flops, and surfing!

xo
Valerie

Shoshanah said...

I love being able to just lay out and tan and catch up on my reading!

Kayla said...

I love your list. And your blog. You have a new follower in me.

http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/