Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another great running week!

Last week was an okay running week for me and this week is race week! Dam to Dam is Saturday and I am excited to run this "dam" race!

For those of you that are new to ALPITC, I ran Dam to Dam (20k) for the first time last year and I absolutely loved it. Since then I have definitely been bitten by the running bug, and signing up for races really keeps my body moving!

Here's my workout recaps from last week:

Sunday - Quick 3 mile morning run before all the festivities of the day. I knew a run would energize my day and get me through the wedding, brunch, graduation and dinner with my family!

Monday - Practice with SRDM. We did two laps around Roosevelt (about 2 miles) and then strength training. I was SORE for days... Note to self: quick slacking on strength training.

Tuesday - Active rest. This was an active rest day because I spent 30 minutes walking Zeke and then I spent 40 minutes on a walk with a client (who is young and can walk at a moderate speed)

Wednesday - 10 mile long run. Most of this run was in the rain, and I actually enjoyed it so much! However, I did have an old man shaking his head at me when he offered me a ride and I declined. Seriously, it's 2013. The offer is nice, but... no, thank you.

Thursday - Practice with SRDM. 3 mile run - I forgot my phone so I had to estimate on the time... This run was about 30 minutes long

Friday-  Rest day. (FULL rest day) (besides dog walking)

Saturday - I was supposed to run 5 miles with SRDM for their long run day (they're training for the marathon in October) but it got rained out... At 7am Saturday morning it started pouring down rain and lightning... Back to bed, I went! Unfortunately, I did not do much later that day besides dog walking. :-/

As always you can find my runs and walks on Runkeeper and if you're interested in joining Gympact and get paid for your works, use my referral code "frontAmber" to get $5 automatically!

How was your week of training? Anyone local running Dam to Dam this weekend??

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work on another strong week! You definitely have a big PR in you! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

I am done with the boot as of today, so that has been a big development. i still can't run, but hopefully I cna in 2-3 weeks.

Carolina John said...

Good luck at the race! Sounds like you're ready to turn in a nice solid performance.