I saw this cute little 13 question meme on Jenn's blog and I thought was a perfect way to dive back into blogging. Meme's are quicky, easy and a great way for reader to get acquainted (or reacquainted!) with you.
13 Personal Questions:
1. What do you order at Starbucks?I am super boring... I get plain coffee and doctor it up myself, or I will get an iced coffee with a little Splenda and milk. I hate spending money on overpriced drinks, so I rarely buy coffee at Starbucks. Sorry, Starby's!
2. What is one thing in your closet that you cannot live without?
Dresses! It is ridiculous the number of dresses I have! I just feel so comfortable and feminine in them, I could not live without them, especially in the summer.
(One of my favorite sweater dresses! I was trying to find a good picture of one of the many sundresses I own, but I got lazy)
3. What's one thing most people don't know about you?
Hmm... I think most people don't know that I started out (13 years ago. Oy) in journalism. In high school I loved working for the newspaper and was features editor my junior and senior year. In college I wrote for the newspaper and began a major in journalism, and just... got sick of it, I guess. I switched to fashion and figured I could always try to combine the two later. That never happened. I still love to write though, hence this here blog!
(One day when I was subbing in my high school, I went through the old school newspapers. I found a feature I did on the treasures hidden away in the 100+ year old school's archives)
4. What is one thing you want to do before you die?
(Me with my good friend's newborn baby back in October)
Cheese. I could not be a vegan. Ever. I could give up meat, but cheese? Never.
6. What is one quote you live your life by?
Oh, there are so many! Here's a few that stand out...
"Fake it till you make it."
"Whatever you are, be a good one."
"You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."
7. What do you like and dislike about the (You Tube) Community?I'm going to follow Jenn's lead and talk about the blogging community. I love all of the amazing people I have met through blogging and some have turned in close friends that I am so blessed to have in my life! I dislike how blogging has become a way to make money, get free stuff, etc. Not that I do not enjoy those perks, I just miss the way it was before. The bloggers that do not care about the monetary value in blogging are out there, but they are much fewer and farther between.
8. What's your #1 song on your iPhone/iPod?I don't use iTunes... I use Spotify or Pandora, and my music tastes change daily with my mood! These days I have been in a classic rock or oldies phase. When running I love to listen to the DJ Girltalk, so they're probably the most played!
9. What kind of style would you describe yourself as having?Classic pieces that will last years. As I have gotten older I have noticed that I do not buy into trendy items that will not be in style the next year. I get all of my clothing pretty much between Kohl's, Gap, and Old Navy. I wear a lot of dresses, skirts, leggings and tunics, and cardigans with a cute tank underneath.
10. Favorite number?
9 was my soccer number in high school, so I'll go with that one!
11. Two hobbies?
Running and reading
(Lisa and I after she ran the full Des Moines Marathon and I ran the Half Marathon last October)
12. Two Pet Peeves?Snobby people - why can't you just be nice and smile?! People that leave their shopping carts out anywhere in the parking lot - just take it back!
13. Guilty pleasure?
Fountain diet coke every once in awhile (okay, maybe every other day...). Either way, I have cut pop (yes, it's called pop around here!) significantly from my diet, so now it is a treat every once in awhile.
What is your guilty pleasure? Or, what song has been your #1 lately? I need some new music. If it's running music, even better!